Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:50 pm

Wind Venture

4 guys from different countries are going to travel around the world. the main thing they will be doing: kitesurfing!
we can follow their trip with pics and videos. very nice idea and isn't this a dream of all of us? at least it is one of mine.

http://www.wind-venture.net/index.htm

CT kiteboarding
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby CT kiteboarding » Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:46 pm

hey toby i just finished a trip of brazil and because of its great sucsess we will continue this sept on the east coast of the usa as well as another leg this feb on a sail boat around the caribiean ck out the site http://www.kitetour.com.br

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:03 pm

nice features!

with a sailboat in the Caribbean?
don't you guys have to work? :wink:

sounds like a great trip, too.
always tell us where you stop so locals can meet you and give you the best info on where to go for the best kitebeaches.

have fun
Toby

CT kiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby CT kiteboarding » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:44 pm

thats the best part it is are work , well at least part time anyway i will keep the forum up to date with the info about the kite tour II , and will be looking for any and all local help thanks and ck out that site http://www.kitetour.com.br

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:13 pm

All of this sounds very appealing.

I will also leave next month for a 7-months round-the-world surf and kite surf trip (it is the reason why I am posting questions about material on this forum - I am preparing my trip). I won't have a website, but will keep you updated.

Francisco

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:13 pm

I will also leave next month for a 7-months round-the-world surf and kite surf trip (it is the reason why I am posting questions about material on this forum - I am preparing my trip). I won't have a website, but will keep you updated.

Francisco

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:16 pm

Francisco

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:36 pm

Hey guys,
I already sent them an e-mail to see if I can be a part of the mexico part of the trip. They haven´t answered back. And to CT KITEBOARDINg , have you considered stopping in some parts of Mexico for the trips, like Cozumel or Progreso, they all get incredible winds and are so beautiful. I have also been to an incredible colombian island in the carribean, it is called "San Andres", and they get a bunch of wind, and it is really beautiful and cheap, no kitesurfers, beautiful women.
Let me know if you want more info.
Andres Santacruz

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:59 am

I think this is a perfect idea.
Anyone wants to join parts of the tours should get in contact with the guys.
Every local knows thepots around, but not the foreigners.
This way the tour travellers will see the best spots. And it is nice to meet new friends to go out and rip together.
Whoever is touring in Germany, let me know and I will join you guys.

Toby

info@wind-venture.net
Rare Poster

Postby info@wind-venture.net » Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:05 pm

Hi Toby,

You were quite ahead of us in making the expedition public :smile:

After two strenuous weeks of web programming, we finally managed to go online … The site was created with the intention of sharing the expedition with kitemaniacs throughout the world...and very soon you will also be able to find pictures and videos of the spots visited. In the meantime, it would be great to know what you all think...and how we could improve the site.

Oh yea, and if you want to participate in the expedition for two or three weeks, and since we will be organizing kitesurfer meetings around the globe, we have included the "Apply&Fly" (http://wind-venture.net/Framesets/Frameset-01.htm) section. This will also help us staying organized.

live to kite, kite to live
timothy

Return to “Kitesurfing”