Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Any other sports so full of industry losers?

Forum for kitesurfers
BigIan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, DaKine, Transcend, DcBoardz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

KITEBOARDING IS LAME

Postby BigIan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:50 pm

ALL other board sports have consequence and speed and power. No one in kiteboaridng respects that. Most people think that since they can trhow a hooked in backrool with the kite at 12 and look like a trapize artist, then hey I must be good at kiteboarding. Look for technical speed power and big. Hucking yourself and dangling is not style. IF you want to play on the high bar go hang out on the hobble horse in a leitard. IF you want to kiteboard like a man, work on unhooking speed and power, and how to ride in the waves. AND FOR GODS SAKES DONT CLAIM EVERYTRICK YOU LAND, ITS NOT COOL AND NO OTHER SPORT RESPECTS THAT.

YOU ARE NOT INTITLED TO BE THE BEST KITER. JUST WORK AT IT AND PEOPLE WILL NOTICE. DONT SPEND YOUR TIME BUILDING YOUSELF UP IN SOME FANTASY ONLINE WORLD. Front flips dont even get respect in snowboarding off a jump sure its cool, but how about look and speed size and power before you feel entitled to be the greatest.

Kiteboarding needs style plain and simple.

- Ian

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: KITEBOARDING IS LAME

Postby vietkiter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:21 am

BigIan wrote:IF you want to kiteboard like a man, work on unhooking speed and power...
Note to lil'Ian... reliving the glory days of high school stardom when you are suffering from midlife crisis is just lame...

Kiteboard like a man? What the hell is that... when the elite kiters are drifter kids... the rest of us are simply different levels of suckness... but some of us have fun regardless...

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

___

Postby ian c » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:26 am

everybody respects everyone? i know what you are saying about friends slagging friend for a laugh but this often does not seem the case.

yes - very few styling riders in the world that really flow from trick to trick or section to section when it comes down to it - its got a long way to go - but f*** there is so much potential ... I guess kitesurfing got some of its marketing from windsurfing due to the intial cost (who has enough to buy the kit?) - hence the amount of mid life crisis 3 pully rocket strut retired windsurfer scared looking safety guys around (wind meter watch and all)

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:45 am

BigIan, Your part of the problem. labeling people based on how "good" they are.
Sounds like your an Elitist Snob to me.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:29 am

Truly,,

It's the ends of the full spectrum of riders that get us a bad rap...

The too stoked and too scared that face the most risk...

The average savvy guy that's not into being seen as much as having a pleasent session,

is the one that's in the middle...

And getting squeezed from both ends,,,

It's the same request,, may I have your attention please? I'm needy..

That's how I see it.

fokiten

Kite_grom
Medium Poster

Postby Kite_grom » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:31 am

So when did kiteboarding become less about kiting and more about dishing shit? I don't even like coming on the forum anymore because the amount of useful material is almost 0. I'd rather just go kite. Spread the good vibes :D :D :D :thumb:

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

__

Postby ian c » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:54 am

yep that pretty much sums it up - yes you have a choice to log on and check out the forums - and you don't need to bother - but in this age more and more people are logging on for advice and sometimes I even have to listen to shit from here from people on the beach!

Safety wise - so much has been learned sharing info - lives saved for sure - but it seems that many industry types spend a lot of time on this forum hating competitors products and that they may be 'plastic' kiters or even non kiters!

Most kit is good today

New designs take at least a season to be proven as working well

Safety wise a new product takes time to be trusted - there is no shortcut.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:39 am

Kite_grom wrote:So when did kiteboarding become less about kiting and more about dishing shit? I don't even like coming on the forum anymore because the amount of useful material is almost 0. I'd rather just go kite. Spread the good vibes :D :D :D :thumb:
Thats easy to answer!
The level dropped when certain Best pimps/losers/Guys/ started slagging off at other brands.
Simple as that !
Find the date that Best started (AB)using this Forum ,and you will notice the down turn from then on !

There are a LOT of kite brands,but find a thread that has slagging off in it,and Best will feature in it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”