Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
gomarpyle
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gomarpyle » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:02 am

Is there a link to the German Kite mag?

I am not the best person to make jumping comparisons as I have not personally flown a switchblade... I will have the opportunity by the end of this month though.... as well as the Vegas 06...

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ryansurf1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:59 pm

I flew the kite. I liked the kite.

Your review was very comprehensive, but i saw no mention of the 'bounce' that the kite produces. It was the first thing i noticed and was a bit unsettling to tell the truth. Standing on the beach, kite overhead, a little slack on the lines and the kite bounced.
and i do mean bounce. While riding i did not notice it much but another friend who rode it said he felt it 'bouncy' while riding. Did you not notice it or did it not bother you?

gomarpyle
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Bounce...

Postby gomarpyle » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:55 am

In normal conditions, I only notice the kite flying like it should... In over powered conditions (really sheeted out) I noticed that the kite would move a bit more in the sky... but not bounce.....

I need to try the kite in heavier winds with it pumped up harder... as is at 7psi when I tried it in Ventana, I didn't notice the bounce you are describing, but more of the kite adjusting to the winds...

I have a video I'll try to post ... I'll let you know if I get it up...

Return to “Reviews”