exploding divinicell core.

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Eskimo Joe
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Eskimo Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:06 pm

I second that!
Switch to Core-Cell A500 or A550..... Much more resistant to core shear.. Divinycell and kledgecell were designed for a totally different market and are better suited to more rigid applications such as boat hulls, chemical storage tanks etc.,, not thin cored kiteboards that are flexed beyond the norm....
Looking at your pictures ,that shear seperation reminds me more of PU or even XPS foams... That one's not worth fixing.. Perhaps it was a unusually "bad" piece of foam??
For those of you "pro" builders out there still using H series Divini,, shame on you,,, you're selling an inferior product..... for this particular application..
You definately do not need an inner glass layer in the core's center when Core-Cell is used...
Just my $.02...

Eskimo Joe...

surferazul
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

core solution

Postby surferazul » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:51 am

Tnx guys, i didnt know this corecell existed, only airex, but is expensive and hard to find in spain.
I already found a dealer of spsystems corecell A500, im gonna look at it.
Thanks for your usefull help, i found it so helpfull and i loved this little forum much better than the main kitesurfing one that is full of not really usefull comments.
TNX AGAIN TO ALL !!!

Eskimo Joe
Medium Poster

Re: core solution

Postby Eskimo Joe » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:13 pm

surferazul wrote:Tnx guys, i didnt know this corecell existed, only airex, but is expensive and hard to find in spain.
I already found a dealer of spsystems corecell A500, im gonna look at it.
Thanks for your usefull help, i found it so helpfull and i loved this little forum much better than the main kitesurfing one that is full of not really usefull comments.
TNX AGAIN TO ALL !!!
I'm glad you located a dealer. The core-cell will not be the cheapest core material either, usually on par with Diviny. You won't have the exploding core problem again though.. m still riding 3 boards I built in the winter of 2003 and they're in great shape...
I'd incorporate some form of heel patch reinforcement,, this helps the board last a very long time.. P.M. me if you interested in some of the heel patch tips...

E.J. :thumb:

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 am

your DCELL looks Green....

I'm hazarding a guess that you have old DCELL stock. the new stuff I have H80, is grey and seems to be alot stronger than the green stuff.

I hear that DCELL has changed alot and improved.

Ron.

Return to “Gear Builders”