KingAstra
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shockwave Problem

Postby KingAstra » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:20 am

hi

after I changed the stopper ball on my shockwave it seems that I havn't used the right knot to fasten the chickenloop-rope back to the lines.
Can anyone of you tell me the right knot because the ones I tried so far are getting slowely open while I'm kiting.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: Shockwave Problem

Postby PAFF » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:36 am

KingAstra wrote:hi

after I changed the stopper ball on my shockwave it seems that I havn't used the right knot to fasten the chickenloop-rope back to the lines.
Can anyone of you tell me the right knot because the ones I tried so far are getting slowely open while I'm kiting.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:56 am

Its called a Bowline knot. Paff has given a nice example of how to tie it

KingAstra
Frequent Poster

Postby KingAstra » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:26 am

thanks the last time I was out was absolutely scarry because the the knot was sliding up and you could see how the rope got longer and longer I don't want to know izt would if it comes off :wink:
So thank you for the drawing

KingAstra
Frequent Poster

Postby KingAstra » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:45 am

thanks the last time I was out was absolutely scarry because the the knot was sliding up and you could see how the rope got longer and longer I don't want to know izt would if it comes off :wink:
So thank you for the drawing

samaha
Rare Poster

Postby samaha » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Hi, just recently bought a shockwave and having lots of trouble with the stopper ball. The gray bit keeps riding up my chicken loop line and I am not able to push through the stopper ball. I have tightened the gray bit as far as it would go without shredding the screw but it still doesnt seem to hold. My line is also starting to get shredded as the gray bit rides up the bar (screws diggin in but not holding).

Have any of you had a similar problem? I am using the 35lb stopper ball (orange color).

The kite came with one replacement. I will try to change it but I am concerned this will not take care of the problem. Thanks for any help.

madncrazyjem
Rare Poster

Postby madncrazyjem » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:10 pm

hey !
i also have that problem....when i punch out the stopper ball doesnt punch out and the whole grey thingimabob moves up. Really irritating for board offs, or dead mans...
Has anyone got an answer for this problem?
I tried using the red ball, which is easier to punch out but the grey one still moves up . :bye:

samaha
Rare Poster

Postby samaha » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:25 pm

hey madncrazyjem, just posted to the general forum to try to get a wider audience. try putting your reply there and let's see if we can come up with some good avice.

Return to “Kitesurfing”