Favorite Beaches: Ka'a Point, Matanzas Inlet
Style: overpowered
Gear: Royal Era 8m, Torch 7m, Obession 7m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Mercenary
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carbon and Kevlar shortage

Postby ToastSYN » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:16 am

Since theres a War on Terror going on and the US just ordered 30,000 armored humvees er something along with lots of other armor and weapons I now can't get my boards made. The board part really isn't the issue for me though its the fact that president evil sent some of my less fortunate friends to iraq just because they joined the military to help pay for college. Then the bastard cut college tuition funding for students. It seems like instead of education they'd rather send you in an armored humvee to some land where cartoons of god will get you killed. I've already had 3 friends wounded for christ sake. Bring people my age home, send them to college instead of getting shot at and let me use the carbon kevlar to make a kitesurfing board instead of armor plating.

This isn't the world I imagined as a kid- Toast

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Carbon and Kevlar shortage

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:37 am

ToastSYN wrote:Since theres a War on Terror going on and the US just ordered 30,000 armored humvees er something along with lots of other armor and weapons I now can't get my boards made. The board part really isn't the issue for me though its the fact that president evil sent some of my less fortunate friends to iraq just because they joined the military to help pay for college. Then the bastard cut college tuition funding for students. It seems like instead of education they'd rather send you in an armored humvee to some land where cartoons of god will get you killed. I've already had 3 friends wounded for christ sake. Bring people my age home, send them to college instead of getting shot at and let me use the carbon kevlar to make a kitesurfing board instead of armor plating.

This isn't the world I imagined as a kid- Toast

What the hell did you think joining the military was? Joining for college is good and all but everyone who joins the military knows that they might be sent to war! It is the MILITARY for gods sake! It is not like they joined the Local PTA and got sent to war, They joined the military! The "I didn't realy think I would have to live up to my obligation because I only wanted money for college" thing is a bunch of BS.
And the statement that GW cut college tuition for students is an outright LIE. Tuition assistance for the military right now is at 100%. And they can take CLEP exams, SAT's or ACT's for FREE!
Quit your bitching about somthing you know nothing about first hand, and stop crying about the inabilaty to make a kiteboard because the kevlar you need is needed to save lives.

ToastSYN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: anywhere on Maui
Favorite Beaches: Ka'a Point, Matanzas Inlet
Style: overpowered
Gear: Royal Era 8m, Torch 7m, Obession 7m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Mercenary

Postby ToastSYN » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:54 am

You want to fill me in then where this money is coming from for the war then bro? It was student loans for college to be more precise, sorry for the error but it wasn't a lie.

Of course joining the military brings the chance of getting sent to war but guess what, when you fight someone who isn't going to change their mindset such as you its a waste of time. W/e about the board I admit thats a selfish thing to want but the fact that we're putting someones life in danger and need that kevlar for their protection is worse. You let me know when the middle east is going to become peaceful and democratic.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:45 am

Yeah tell me about it! I've got a 100 yds of carbon and well I've had it for years. Anyway someone I knew wanted some so I checked the supplier for current pricing and well the stuff is sold out and prices are 4 times what I paid. But I wonder if it's the new dreamline and airbus stuff that have factories pruducing the high grade stuff??

VanSimms
Rare Poster

Postby VanSimms » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 am

Why is everyone so pissed off in this forum? Isn't kiteboarding suposed to be a comunity that helps eachother out instead of scolding oneanother like children?

I dont know about the rest of you but I dont log on to watch bickering, I log on to find out more about the sport I love.

-Evan

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:02 pm

its the planes that have caused the drop in supply.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 pm

Yeah not like us windsurfers, we never moan and complain! Well except when there is no wind that is!!

I'm not American but I think these young guys going off and risking life and limb are pretty amazing, I sure couldn't do it!

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:44 pm

when you work for the devil expect to get burnt.

seriousily who joins the military at a time when your country is waging war on whatever country the dart lands on.

these young guys going off and risking life and limb are pretty amazing,
how are they amazing? what are they fighting for? whats amazing is the endless number oh headless chickhen running around doing what their told with asking questions.*

*I've had no wind for near on 2 months now

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:54 pm

You want to fill me in then where this money is coming from for the war then bro? It was student loans for college to be more precise, sorry for the error but it wasn't a lie.

Yeah, your still wrong. You have no idea what you are saying. You are repeating rumors and inuindo like its fact, when it is actualy just a bunch of BS.

Get a clue before you bash the men and women serving your country.

Shopguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Shopguy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Kitedude wrote: how are they amazing?
These people are amazing because they are willing to give up thier lives to fight for thier country to keep us safe and free. Even when many people they are fighting for are so against them and trash them, they go on. When many make thier job more dangerous and difficult, they go on.
This takes a special kind of person with heart and bravery I can only wish i had. Thats how they are amazing in my mind
Kitedude wrote:what are they fighting for?
This is too much of a hot button issue to even get into, People have made up thier minds as to the Validity of the War and why we (the US) are In Iraq, so there is no use even broaching the subject in my opinion. We are there and we need to do the best job we can to make the best of a bad situation and support those that are willing to go.

Personally I think the U.S. should not be the worlds peace keeper, and we should protect our selves and not worry about the rest of the world.
Attack when attacked or threatened.
We have had a history of supporting and bailing out other countries when they need our help and the reciprocation is generally Nil.
Kitedude wrote:whats amazing is the endless number oh headless chickhen running around doing what their told with asking questions.*
It may not be for you and i, but this is how battles are Won. You have to have leaders who make the descisions and those who carry them out without question, otherwise there is Koas and the battle is lost and there are more dead.
Its no different than any other organization that wants to succeed.

Kitedude wrote:*I've had no wind for near on 2 months now
Sorry to hear it, It will come!

Return to “Kitesurfing”