Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
KGN
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KGN » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:15 pm

I am the Kyle with the demo kite :D
I dont think the kite was rigged incorectly,i have been riding for 3 years now,but,I will try it in better wind,I also found Mikaels torch to fly quicker.
I tried the kite with all settings i could,but i will give it a go in better winds.
I appreciate all the concern and feedback from Ocean Rodeo,shows they care about their products.
To me,It just felt not as reactive,which is as others said,kind of the way alot of bows feel,less direct.Once the kite was up and going,speed became better.It jumps really well,and the kite is built bomber :thumb:
It could be,that I just prefer the feel of C kites,maybe Ill try out the diablos this weekend
Cheers and thanks again
kyle

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:00 pm

To reset the stopper you have to sheet in hard right to the chickenloop. Doesn't this sound dangerous? Having to go suddenly to maximum power sounds like a bad way to reset it. What's it like to use this system? Does it cause problems?

mad
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mad » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:00 pm

ronnie wrote:To reset the stopper you have to sheet in hard right to the chickenloop. Doesn't this sound dangerous? Having to go suddenly to maximum power sounds like a bad way to reset it. What's it like to use this system? Does it cause problems?
just curious, but why would you want to immediately reset the stopper if you just had to fully safety the kite and were still in trouble? the way it's set up you can relaunch and fly the kite without the stopper in place - then when things calm down a bit and you are under control it will naturally reset itself the next time you sheet in for more power

Return to “Reviews”