All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:13 pm 
Rare Poster

weve heard the best bars and kites. but what about the crucial link that connects your body to your fly system?

Water, or Snow:
what is the best harness out there right now?

Dakine Pyro fusion?
Wipika?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:18 am 
Medium Poster

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S

Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:54 pm 
Medium Poster

Moi!

I have Naish seat and waist harnesses. I mostly ride with seat harness because that keeps my bar low all the time. No pain in ribs...

In winter, when you have to wear lots of clothes (here is has been between -35C - -20C past weeks), I like waist harness. That does not prohibit your moveability as much as a seat harness. But if it is "warm" I often ride with seat harness because you don't get wet in slash or wet snow (sometimes we have 10-20 cm water on ice with slash water).

BUT keep in mind that your body shape counts a lot. If your upper body is like figure "V" then you will enjoy waist harness but if it is more like figure "A" you might prefer a seat harness. :smile:

I prefer a high seat harness that supports my back. And other thing is that, when wind is gusty and no flat water, you might prefer a good seat harness. Helps you edge harder.

But I do not agree that you cannot use waist harness when you ride with snowboard. Just fly kite down and edge hard. Riding on snow is easier that riding in water.

VESKU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:08 pm 
Rare Poster

I guess i just dont see the major differences in these harnesses. I come from a climbing background, and the differences in harnesses in that sport are very obvious. As a climber, i look for very little stiching, this creates little opportunity for critical wear. Construction and design are also easier to look at because the manufacters explain more about their product. More features come to mind, but so doest the fact that these probably exist in this sports harness, im just dont know enough about them.

Also, I guess i just dont see why NOT to get a seat harness. Its more comfortable, and it doesnt ride up, all the problems ive heard reported with regular waists. So why doesnt everyone use the seat?

thanks guys for the info

the guy

[ 4 posts ]