kitango
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WINDWING KITE OUT OF BUSINESS

Postby kitango » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi

Windwing tells me they are no longer producing/selling rap 2 however they continue to advertise as if nothing were.

Prospective buyers watch out!!! If you place an order (or waiting for gear) you simply WILL NOT GET IT until they can solve their manufacturing problem.

They sold me a kite but no BAR and they just told me that the bar will not be available. I understand they may have problems but their site or advertising doesn't seem to reflect this and WARN people.

Very misleading!

Stay clear of WW for now.

A disappointed customer

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:57 pm

You may want to be aware they don´t have any gear to sell but they are serviceing the gear they have already sold.

I got a new bladder for my Rapture 2 strut. Live in Sweden, a long way away.

TW

Chris@sharkless
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Haven, Michigan

Postby Chris@sharkless » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:47 pm

But at some point they will run out of gear! They are not making anything. Bill Hansen needs to start is how new line. The Rap looked great.

Windwing C+S
Frequent Poster

Postby Windwing C+S » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:22 pm

Windwing is far from goinh out of business. We will have the inflatable kite production re-established shortly. We thank all our loyal customers for their continued support.

Bullroarer Took
Frequent Poster

Postby Bullroarer Took » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Windwing C+S wrote:Windwing is far from goinh out of business. We will have the inflatable kite production re-established shortly. We thank all our loyal customers for their continued support.
And by the end of the week of March 12th they will be making an announcement about their new factory. Just keep your eye on the thread that they removed from their board!

:thumb:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:22 pm

Windwing C+S wrote:Windwing is far from goinh out of business. We will have the inflatable kite production re-established shortly. We thank all our loyal customers for their continued support.
that is good news!

Waiting for your announcement!

Wannabe
Rare Poster

Postby Wannabe » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:27 pm

Does anybody actually believe this? Yet another announcement from the guy who deleted his own announcement (on his own forum) that there was going to be an announcement -- which I guess is yet to be announced.

I'm on pins and needles, can't wait to see what he isn't going to announce next!

:roll:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:58 pm

I think soon we are going to hear something.
Let's hope it is positive!

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:27 pm

I think things will work out well... Keep up the innovations...WW... ! Great Kites... Imagine it would take at least this amount of time to establish a new manufacturing setup... May work out better than ever... and WW allready has Kites Designed... ready to go...

Not much different than any company trying to get in line to supply customers... Seems that many companies pre sell waiting for gear to be made...

Paul

Wannabe
Rare Poster

Postby Wannabe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:09 am

Okay, I'll bite:
PBKiteboarding wrote:I think things will work out well... Keep up the innovations...WW... !
They fired the guys with all the innovations. Do they have a new designer? They fired one of the best, who are they going to get?
PBKiteboarding wrote:Great Kites...
Yes, but there are a LOT of great kites now. A year ago, Windwing was ahead in flat kites (no thanks to the current owner or his lap-dog). Now the Rap2 is arguably a dated design.
PBKiteboarding wrote:Imagine it would take at least this amount of time to establish a new manufacturing setup...

Yes, especially with a bad track record from their most recent supplier, incomplete design files and a questionable reputation. I would think it would take years.
PBKiteboarding wrote:May work out better than ever... and WW allready has Kites Designed... ready to go...
As I said, now old designs with nothing new to offer. What does a Rap 2 do that a Waroo or Sonic doesn't?
PBKiteboarding wrote:Not much different than any company trying to get in line to supply customers... Seems that many companies pre sell waiting for gear to be made...
Right. Not much different = no value added. No reason to buy WW. No reason for anyone to invest in WW. I think they are waiting for the next sucker to be born so they can get another investor. Meanwhile the industry moves on, technology moves on, and all their customers will eventually have to move on. Most already have. You don't come back from the dead in this business. That's just what it looks like from here, though. I'm still waiting on the "big announcement." Coming soon, for sure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”