Forum for kitesurfers
Simone
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Zero-Bar-Pressure

Postby Simone » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:16 pm

Bar pressure is a big issue with all the bow kites and the limited turning speed once fully de-powered is known.
The latest RRD Total Depower Bar offers close to zero bar pressure, preserve the turning speed of the kites and can de-power Type7, THiR, TW2 and ANY OTHER BRAND 5th LINE C-KITE ON THE MARKET just as much as any bow kite out there.

The principle is simple and efficient, a pulley progressively tractions the 5th line while you let the bar up fully de-powering the kite. You can adjust the length of the depower with a simple stopper ball and decide how much 5th line de-power you like with 3 simple knots.

The THiR is the medium-high AR, 7 struts, high performance kite in RRD's collection. Providing a combination of turning speed, great power and wide windrange the THiR and the TDB are a perfect match for those riders who wants to jump, go upwind, and be in control in any wind condition, experiencing 100% depower without dealing with sore arms, slow turning speed, harder self launch and landing and easy tangling water starts of Supported Leading Edge Kites.

Stop at the closest RRD dealer and ask for the TDB or visit http://www.robertoriccidesigns.com for details and video

Simone Vannucci
RRD Kites Designer
Attachments
bars_typewave2_bigger.jpg
bars_typewave2_bigger.jpg (89.62 KiB) Viewed 4460 times

mat
Frequent Poster

Postby mat » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:12 am

dont get me wrong..im sure it works but........it just looks all a bit homemade..know wat i mean
:roll:

enrico666
Medium Poster

Postby enrico666 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:24 am

Hmmmm.... for one thing, does it unspin?
and secondly, the line looks much too small for something so near the rider's hands.

No, if you have to have pulleys, the CL is probably not the best place...

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby consumer » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 am

that bar concept is ahead of its damn time, what a smart damn way of depowering. it's too bad it's not getting the recognition it deserves.

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:49 am

that bar concept is ahead of its damn time, what a smart damn way of depowering. it's too bad it's not getting the recognition it deserves.
nothing new here neither... this type of set up was already used by flysurfer 4 years ago...

pullies : no! thank you... where ever they are located.

Experimental player
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Experimental player » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 am

My mate had on of these and it worked well.
For hooked in, kite had was pretty dam wide wind range and had definately no physical bar pull.

Bit manuel to use, pushing and pulling the bar around and had no 5th line saftey. Wasnt for me,
But perfect for complaining Bow people.

metafizx
Rare Poster

Postby metafizx » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:00 am

having zero bar pressure, or extremely light pressure is a negative thing IMHO.

I like a decent pull on the bar to know where the kite is. I've ridden both kinds of flat kites, and having light to no bar pull is definitely not what I want.

Dick
Medium Poster

Postby Dick » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:22 am

i agree with metafizx! The Waroo is one of those with little bar pressure, and a nice kite, but you can 't feel it when you need to.

Yuri
Rare Poster

Postby Yuri » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:10 am

I make account on this forum special for this post.
Im ride 2 weeks on RRD type ZH 13m 2005 with bar like this.
Looks like RRD Desing team hunt the chicks on the beach and between hunting make some disign. :thumb:
If u overpowered u cant pull 5-line more then 10-15inch(im in gloves). Casual riders cant use ur fix power line like on this bar.
Why all designers forget about casual riders? Why tests new idea only on PRO? Pro never use 5line and etc. Shame on u.
I love type ZH but this bar suxx. IMHO

ps. Sorry for my english :thumb:

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mark van haze » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:58 am

since when do riders want ZERO bar pressure? That was the most heard COMPLAINT from any tube rider when trying flysurfer foils. Those really had ZERO bar pressure. Flysurfer was working hard on making that adjustable and since the Speed and Pulse, you can adjust it to your liking.

Sorry RRD, but this is gonna bomb. Furthermore, barpressure has only been an issue on cabrinhas crossbow and airushes halo, not on other bows. In fact the waroo and sonic are very light on the bar, much more than any regular c-kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”