Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zero-Bar-Pressure

Forum for kitesurfers
OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:22 am

consumer wrote:that bar concept is ahead of its damn time, what a smart damn way of depowering. it's too bad it's not getting the recognition it deserves.
I assume you are making a joke. :D

This concept has been around since 2000 at least. Flysurfer used it then and WindWing had it a few years ago. It sucked then and I suspect it still sucks now.

Only the Crossbows suffered from high bar pressure, particularly in the larger sizes. That problem has been fixed by adding a couple of pulleys to the bridles.

None of the newer bow kites have any problems with bar pressure. I can ride my Sonic with just the friction of two finger tips to work the bar.

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Zero-Bar-Pressure

Postby Gigi;) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:50 am

To add something on this "fire",

RRD was commercially the first (for C kites with 5th line, I never rode & see a FS kite with this kind of sys), it's true, but a user & me on kite-stuff.org thought about this stuff some 1/2 year before for sure

http://www.kite-stuff.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=267#267

:bye:

Nice to see someone's dreams commercially come true. :D :roll:

Maybe it didn't got more attention because of disadvantages of this system - still have to trim it with knots and minimiseing effect when depowering with depower strap... :roll:

If you'll read later threads please do send us some bar with your sys on the test... :bye:
Simone wrote:Bar pressure is a big issue with all the bow kites and the limited turning speed once fully de-powered is known.
The latest RRD Total Depower Bar offers close to zero bar pressure, preserve the turning speed of the kites and can de-power Type7, THiR, TW2 and ANY OTHER BRAND 5th LINE C-KITE ON THE MARKET just as much as any bow kite out there.

The principle is simple and efficient, a pulley progressively tractions the 5th line while you let the bar up fully de-powering the kite. You can adjust the length of the depower with a simple stopper ball and decide how much 5th line de-power you like with 3 simple knots.

The THiR is the medium-high AR, 7 struts, high performance kite in RRD's collection. Providing a combination of turning speed, great power and wide windrange the THiR and the TDB are a perfect match for those riders who wants to jump, go upwind, and be in control in any wind condition, experiencing 100% depower without dealing with sore arms, slow turning speed, harder self launch and landing and easy tangling water starts of Supported Leading Edge Kites.

Stop at the closest RRD dealer and ask for the TDB or visit http://www.robertoriccidesigns.com for details and video

Simone Vannucci
RRD Kites Designer

Maris
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Maris » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:27 am

With this setup 5th line safety did not work !!!!
You need to grab Oshit handle or a n aditional safety to that red ball ot 5th line resulting a total mess of lines.

Daudbhai
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simplicity

Postby Daudbhai » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:41 pm

Sometimes simplicity is the simplest answer! RRD or whom ever posted the picture is hearing that bar pressure is a problem with certain bow kites and they seem to be offering a simple solution. On just about every kite I've owned I've changed my stock set ups to homemade, hand sewn, Armsteel rope and clamcleat sheeting systems. Most all of the sheeting systems you see on production bars are homemade in a sense. Take the Cabrinha CB bar. You can find the pulleys, webbing, buckles or armsteel rope available as a marine supply store and/or a climbing supply store as well. I've turned out some high quality sheeting systems myself that I now see being copied. Point is it's all home made. All sheeting systems are hand sewn in some place in China or Thailand from most of these companies. I guess how much are you willing to pay for something with a lable designed to look professional?
When I make my sheeting systems I make the simplest design and focus on what I want it to do. That RRD bar looks something like I made for one of my 5 line kites. That RRD bar has a nice grip feel to it. Sorry for the long post! Cheers! :lol:

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Gigi;) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:55 pm

It definately works on mine

How is it with RRD sys @ unhooked riding? If I'm not wrong their pulley is on chicken loop...
Maris wrote:With this setup 5th line safety did not work !!!!
You need to grab Oshit handle or a n aditional safety to that red ball ot 5th line resulting a total mess of lines.

Return to “Kitesurfing”