11 M Matrix 06

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
guga_
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

11 M Matrix 06

Postby guga_ » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:15 pm

I tried the new matrix 2006 last week and here is a small review for anyone who would like to read it.

In relation to the 2005 matrix kite, the matrix 2006 is a much more stable kite, the profile enhancers along the leading edge make the kite more forgiving on the gusts and doesn't let the canopy have any deformations.

Small Carbon spars are also used on paralel to the tips, but not on the actual end of wing tip, this makes the kite ideal for unhooking, so, even if it is to sheeted in it has no back stall.

The kite's range is absolutley impressive, It has a great low end and when sheeting out the kite has absolute depower, making it very forgiving in the gusts, and great for people who want to ride powered up as they can take the kite out well above it's supposed range.

The rounded tips (that come from the Indy) keep the same philosophy of one kite does all becuase you can change the settings. You can put it in the range setting, which gives you lot's of range in the kite. or you can set the kite on the lift setting, giving you less range but more lift, or in an intermediate setting.

In relation to the indy it's slower, and a gruntier kite, which makes it ideal for wakestyle tricks, as the power is constant and you just need to pull the bar in and the kite just keeps pulling.

The kite is also great for looping, yes it generates power, but it's also very quick turning on axis, just cranck the bar and off you go.
The bar was also redone, it is much more ergonomic, the grip is better too, and the bar ends are made of soft rubber, so that when your hands slip on handlepasses you don't get a sore hand anymore. but the great inovation is the cls adjuster. A small adjuster near the chicken loop that lets you pull in the 5th line taking power from the kite, it can with no doubt substitute the depower strap. so you can take power from the kite near the chiken loop instead of having to stretch to get hold of the depower strap.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:53 am

Thanks for the review... Just had a great 8.5 Indy day... talk about working well in gusts... Wipika rocks... Can't wait to try the Matrix 8.5 11 16......coming soon....
C kite Crazy!!!
Paul Berube
http://www.PBKiteboarding.com

flobro
Rare Poster

bar and lines

Postby flobro » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:26 pm

thanks for the review,i just bought a 2005 13.5matrix and it needs a bar and lines ive been recomended north 5 element would this be ok for this kite? what bar would you recomend?

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 am

Get Wipika bar first... You will be surprised with the 5th kine ready... CLS adjuster... Rubber bar ends... replaceable Chicken loop and chicken line... already great depower (Can make a longer line for Killer Depower....)

Notice the unbreakable cambers (profile enhancers) on the LE... Curved inflatable wing tips... So many just don't know about it...

Was just showing how well the stoppers work...on struts...

I'm dying to fly the Matrixes... maybe tomorrow... Nuts about the 5th line and Indy's. not a single bladder or seem prob... Great for Int Adv... Matrix for Beg-Advanced...

Paul

flobro
Rare Poster

wipika kite bar

Postby flobro » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:58 pm

been trying to find secondhand wipika bar dont seem to be able to find one but there are lots of north 5e bars on e bay

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs

Postby PBKiteboarding » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 am

Got one here... but in Canada... No CLS on 05 bar... but great... still using them on Indy's
http://www.pbkiteboarding.com/deals/deals_bars.html
Very nice setup 5th line "Colored Lines" Ring for optional backline safety..

yzyrider
Rare Poster

I weigh 70 kilos, heavy enough for a 19.5 matrix?

Postby yzyrider » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:04 pm

hello! I weigh 70 kilos, I`m a beginner kitesurfer, but I kite in an area with generally low wind conditions.I also saw guys weighing kinda myweight flying this very kite,no problem.I would like to know your opinion. Do I have the right weight for a 19.5 wipika matrix?Thanx a lot! :D

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 am

I'm the same weight as you... I have used the 19.5 in light winds and it works great... I have one used for sale... and other sizes new and used. Great kites, hig depower C kites, ahead of their time... As good as 08 c kites in my opinion...
hello! I weigh 70 kilos, I`m a beginner kitesurfer, but I kite in an area with generally low wind conditions.I also saw guys weighing kinda myweight flying this very kite,no problem.I would like to know your opinion. Do I have the right weight for a 19.5 wipika matrix?Thanx a lot!

Return to “Reviews”