*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:44 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29555
Location: World (KF Admin)
In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

If I find out that you are pimping, you may get banned from the forum and I will make the info public.

So, where is the problem to add the info in your profile?

Greets
Toby


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:54 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 634
Location: IOW, UK
Toby, how about putting signatures back on? used to have all my info in there and it makes for much easier reading in a thread if someone is affiliated with a particular brand :bye:


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2828
where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:58 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Bavaria
Activating the signatures again would make it instantaniously visible to people who is a pimp. Most people won't make the efford and check the profile.
But I can understand that if you had problems with abuse then it isn't possible.
It is a good start though.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:01 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Bavaria
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:
where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?

Affiliated means that you either get your kites cheaper from the brand or via a shop(shoprider deal) or if you are working for the brand or if you are a shop or distributor selling this brand. Also if you shift the gear out of the back of your van.
If you are paying full price for your stuff and don't get any favours from the brand or a shop, then post to your hearts content without having to worry about anything.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us kn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:01 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:32 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Earth
Toby wrote:
In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

If I find out that you are pimping, you may get banned from the forum and I will make the info public.

So, where is the problem to add the info in your profile?

Greets
Toby


Toby,

A couple of questions:

1. Does this apply to those that pay to advertise on the forum?
2. Pimping even though there is a signature with affiliation?

K66


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us kn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:06 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Bavaria
kitesurf66 wrote:
Toby wrote:
In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

If I find out that you are pimping, you may get banned from the forum and I will make the info public.

So, where is the problem to add the info in your profile?

Greets
Toby


Toby,

A couple of questions:

1. Does this apply to those that pay to advertise on the forum?
2. Pimping even though there is a signature with affiliation?

K66


I think an informative signature looking like the one below would do the trick but no banners or gifs.

Just do it, FS UK Distributor.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29555
Location: World (KF Admin)
for everyone, including me!

It's to stop the pimping from people without knowing who that person is.
If we can see, what affiliation he/she has, we can see a review with a different point of view and give an unbiased person more credibility.

Signatures are not possible.

If you are a die hard fan that is ok. Just if you have to live of the sport and a pimping would help you financially. If we know someone is affiliated, it is fairer to everyone in here, specially the occasional readers who don't know who is who.

I want fair information for everyone, therefore the hassle. Everyone should benefit from this, don't you agree?

Greets
Toby


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:32 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Earth
just do it wrote:
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:
where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?

Affiliated means that you either get your kites cheaper from the brand or via a shop(shoprider deal) or if you are working for the brand or if you are a shop or distributor selling this brand. Also if you shift the gear out of the back of your van.
If you are paying full price for your stuff and don't get any favours from the brand or a shop, then post to your hearts content without having to worry about anything.


Here is where the grey area comes up. Do you have to prove that you are the latter one? Will you have to submit info or documentation in order to prove this? I really don't like pimping, but there is the risk of cancelling and embarrassing people with no proof. No, I don't pimp for anybody (at least I don't think so), but Ed is right, where do you draw the line? Toby?

K66


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:21 am
Posts: 335
Location: Islamorada, Florida Keys
good luck...

well...to comply...I am affiliated with http://www.sevenkiteboarding.com

and I think the sigs are the way to go...


Last edited by B-rad Lange on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group