Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:44 pm

In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

If I find out that you are pimping, you may get banned from the forum and I will make the info public.

So, where is the problem to add the info in your profile?

Greets
Toby

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby the_lone_wolf » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:54 pm

Toby, how about putting signatures back on? used to have all my info in there and it makes for much easier reading in a thread if someone is affiliated with a particular brand :bye:

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm

where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:58 pm

Activating the signatures again would make it instantaniously visible to people who is a pimp. Most people won't make the efford and check the profile.
But I can understand that if you had problems with abuse then it isn't possible.
It is a good start though.

just do it
Very Frequent Poster

Postby just do it » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:01 pm

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?
Affiliated means that you either get your kites cheaper from the brand or via a shop(shoprider deal) or if you are working for the brand or if you are a shop or distributor selling this brand. Also if you shift the gear out of the back of your van.
If you are paying full price for your stuff and don't get any favours from the brand or a shop, then post to your hearts content without having to worry about anything.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Re: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us kn

Postby kitesurf66 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:01 pm

Toby wrote:In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

If I find out that you are pimping, you may get banned from the forum and I will make the info public.

Greets
Toby
Toby,

A couple of questions:

1. Does this apply to those that pay to advertise on the forum?
2. Pimping even though there is a signature with affiliation?

K66

just do it
Very Frequent Poster

Re: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us kn

Postby just do it » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:06 pm

kitesurf66 wrote:
Toby wrote:In order to keep the info straight and stop pimping for personal benefits, you should add that info in your profile. Even a link to a website, which you can add in your profile (and is below each post with a "www" button, may be enough to let us know your affiliation. The avatar should not be used for that!

Greets
Toby
Toby,

A couple of questions:

1. Does this apply to those that pay to advertise on the forum?
2. Pimping even though there is a signature with affiliation?

K66
I think an informative signature looking like the one below would do the trick but no banners or gifs.

Just do it, FS UK Distributor.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:07 pm

for everyone, including me!

It's to stop the pimping from people without knowing who that person is.
If we can see, what affiliation he/she has, we can see a review with a different point of view and give an unbiased person more credibility.

Signatures are not possible.

If you are a die hard fan that is ok. Just if you have to live of the sport and a pimping would help you financially. If we know someone is affiliated, it is fairer to everyone in here, specially the occasional readers who don't know who is who.

I want fair information for everyone, therefore the hassle. Everyone should benefit from this, don't you agree?

Greets
Toby

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:07 pm

just do it wrote:
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:where do you draw the line between affiliated and die hard fan ?
Affiliated means that you either get your kites cheaper from the brand or via a shop(shoprider deal) or if you are working for the brand or if you are a shop or distributor selling this brand. Also if you shift the gear out of the back of your van.
If you are paying full price for your stuff and don't get any favours from the brand or a shop, then post to your hearts content without having to worry about anything.
Here is where the grey area comes up. Do you have to prove that you are the latter one? Will you have to submit info or documentation in order to prove this? I really don't like pimping, but there is the risk of cancelling and embarrassing people with no proof. No, I don't pimp for anybody (at least I don't think so), but Ed is right, where do you draw the line? Toby?

K66

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 pm

good luck...

well...to comply...I am affiliated with http://www.sevenkiteboarding.com

and I think the sigs are the way to go...
Last edited by B-rad Lange on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”