Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best the 3 month bs fest

Forum for kitesurfers
fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fat blokes can fly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:28 pm

T Dub wrote:I put this avatar up of the dude hauling his dick in the wheelbarrow especially for this post...we're talking about BEST here!!! If I were running a kite company, I wouldn't make promises that I was not sure I could keep. I'm not bashing any company in general, but I do feel the way that certain kite companies have overpromised and underdelivered speaks volumes about the character of the people running said company.

What I will say about Best is that they need a logo that doesn't look like a flying penis...not all of us get excited about the idea of flying penises guys!!! Maybe they could change the logo to my avatar?

That being said, when was the last time you saw Donald Trump make a promise he did not keep? He is one of the most successful businessmen in the world and I GUARANTEE you all that he didn't get to where he is by overpromising and underdelivering...quite the opposite. He may brag once he has something going, but he doesn't talk about how his company will make all others "obsolete" just before his product literally blows up in his face... :lol:

Bottom line is you get what you pay for. If you buy a Pinto, you really shouldn't expect too much performance out of it but it's cheap and affordable. If you buy a Ferrari on the other hand, you pay a lot more for the same size car but get MUCH better performance, looks, quality, etc. It's as simple as that, case closed!!!
Yeh but I bet Donald can't kitesurf as good as Shannon or Alex?

T Dub
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby T Dub » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:36 pm

So what? I agree with you on that, Donald's hair could be used as a kite itself!!! But we are talking about the way that BEST as a company overpromises and underdelivers, not their pros' riding proficiency...I, for one am a relative newbie and eat it at least 10-20 times a session but that also has nothing to do with what we are talking about. What I am saying is that they need to treat their customers with more respect rather than holding onto peoples money for months at a time when that money could be gaining interest payments in the bank, then not returning the cash but rather giving a store credit??? I would think that something like the hellfish disaster would have given them reason to do more for the customer. Then, when their quick release comes from the factory set up incorrectly into a death trap, they just make excuses and ridicule the person who suffered because of their mistake? I just have never seen them step up to the plate and actually apologize for their errors, there is always a seamstress that is screwing things up and gets the blame, or a rider who couldn't pull hard enough on their faulty QR to save himself because it was rigged improperly. I don't know of an improper way to rig the QR's in my CL setup. I won't mention the kite manufacturer that I use, but I'll pay more any day for their product to make sure I am safe, you'd better believe that!!! :thumb:

Yeah, Shannon and Alex are great riders, I won't disagree with you there and I respect them for their talents. But if they treated others with more respect, their company might just be a hell of a lot more successful in the customer service department...

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:06 pm

You say you are a relative newbie and unfortunately it shows!

They have apologised no end regards the hellfish to the point of it getting boring when they say "yes it didn't work and we're sorry, oh and whilst we're saying sorry anyone who purchased the hellfish can have a full refund AND $100 OFF THERE NEXT KITE!". You don't get a better apology than that & you won't see other companies doing it!

Regards payment, they don't take the money from your card/account until the kites are in to be shipped.

They also led the way with the 30 day return for any reason warranty "even if your dog eats it" (this might have even been extended)

IMO they have a very good sales & aftersales service, second to none! Yeh its a bit rock and roll, but underneath the brash exterior lies a core crew of professionals & thats what people forget! The waroo is a storming success and the yarga pro is probably the best alround kite I've flown. I even have a sponsored friend (not by best) who raved about the Hellfish's performance and said it was (even to this day) the best kite he had ever flown, they just couldn't hold that damn cuban together. Best stuck there neck out to progress the sport and got bit on the ass for it, but I'm sure they won't get caught out again.

Have you flown there kites or rode there boards? I suggest you go on the Best website log into skype and chat to one of the best guys, they might surprise you!

Cheers

T Dub
Frequent Poster

Postby T Dub » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:23 pm

I DO like the Waroo a lot and feel that it even may be the best bow kite on the market so far so don't get me wrong here. But the full refund came in the form of store credit from what I have heard from seasoned riders who actually were waiting on one. The $100 of the next kite is nice but it assumes that you will buy another kite from them...The reason the hellfish was such a disaster is because it was HYPED so much by BEST. Why not just wait until the product has been tested before putting it into development and hyping it up? That is my point.

I am also sure that they are all great guys but they need to take a lesson in PR, that's all. I think other kite companies and their people have issues of their own, I am not just picking on Best but I DO think that if Best kept their ears open and their mouths shut, they would make a much better impression...at least on me. And by RELATIVE newbie, I mean that I have been around about 8 months...so I have done my research...

But maybe I'll humble you and log in and chat with them later tonight...just not now...gotta go ride, work is over!!!! :thumb: :bye:

PS - I'm rather fat myself!!!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:51 pm

T-dub, you've been misinformed, the refund was a true refund, the $100 was a store credit and that was always firmly disclosed in the fine print before the kites were released.

Sure, Best are a little bit rock and roll, but there's no point running a company if you can't enjoy it.

we look after our customers, and do our best to deliver on our promises,we've easily done that with every kite we made except the hellfish, for which we most definately made ammends with all the customers,we bent over backwards to make them happy, sending them out loaners and such like. The fall out from the hellfish lead us to change our credit card booking system so no one pays until kit hits the warehouse and is ready to ship.

we do listen to our customers, they are our greatest asset.

feel free to drop me a line anytime.

simon@bestkiteboarding.com

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:20 pm

There you go T Dub, have a chat with SQ. Enjoy your ride :thumb:

T Dub
Frequent Poster

Postby T Dub » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:36 pm

Will do, I really like the Waroo and may be interested in one sometime soon...Thanks!

Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”