Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!

Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby FredBGG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Toby wrote:
Signatures are not possible.

Toby
Just make it a rule that anyone affiliated has to sign the end of their post with name and company affiliation/pro rider etc.

If they can post endlessly it's not much to ask for them to add their name and info.

I also think that ALL messages regarding preformance should as a "rule" include rider size and weight. Especially light wind comments are useless without this info.

Cheers

Fred

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:15 pm

FredBGG wrote:...
I also think that ALL messages regarding preformance should as a "rule" include rider size and weight. ...
I think people should also note their race and if they eat meat or not. Any other demographics we should include? Age? Salary? Occupation?

-todd
SS kites
SS/aggression/HC/caution boards
74"
180lbs
caucasian
carnivore
engineer
3BR 3.5BA
long walks on the beach bore me
and I usually go all in with pocket queens.
:thumb:

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm

toddjb123 wrote:
I also think that ALL messages regarding preformance should as a "rule" include rider size and weight. ...
I think people should also note their race and if they eat meat or not. Any other demographics we should include? Age? Salary? Occupation?

-todd
SS kites
74"
180lbs
caucasian
carnivore
engineer
3BR 3.5BA
Size and weight is very relevant when it comes to kiting, especially to a newbie looking for gear. Also I wrote rule in quotes meaning it should be there for clarity etc. 20lb difference in rider weight can make a big difference.

Unless you never eat a piece of fruit or veg I think the term is Omnivore :thumb:

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:13 pm

FredBGG wrote:
toddjb123 wrote:

-todd
SS kites
74"
180lbs
caucasian
carnivore
engineer
3BR 3.5BA
Size and weight is very relevant when it comes to kiting, especially to a newbie looking for gear. Also I wrote rule in quotes meaning it should be there for clarity etc. 20lb difference in rider weight can make a big difference.

Unless you never eat a piece of fruit or veg I think the term is Omnivore :thumb:
Actually a carnivore is also an animal that kills other living animals and devours them while they are still alive, they usually eat the guts and softer fleshy bits first. :o

Don't piss off Todd :thumb:

:o

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20 pm

kitepower wrote:....
Actually a carnivore is also an animal that kills other living animals and devours them while they are still alive, they usually eat the guts and softer fleshy bits first. :o

Don't piss off Todd :thumb:

:rollgrin: :rollgrin:

JS
Very Frequent Poster

Re: new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us kn

Postby JS » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:11 am

Toby wrote:So, where is the problem to add the info in your profile?
Good call, Toby.

Now that you've made this clear, it is a pretty safe bet that anyone who tries to get around it probably doesn't serve a useful purpose on this forum, except to themself.

fokiten
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 am

Forgive me JS,

But it seems to me, the pimp posts in question are just the sort of non chat room posts you so rellish....

also,
Seems to me, your criteria for worth is, but cannon fodder for the enterprizing pimp...

Babe in the woods sort of kite drool on your chin

Am I wrong??

Don't mean to question your stoke only your awareness.

And by the by,, a blank profile says nothing at all; how useful is that exactly?

To be clear,
It's not the stand up types that need be known...

Forgive me JS, but you seem a bit back-woodsy, no offence,,

And your past posts come up blank,,,,

is that broken, or did you fix it?

Regards
fokiten

JS wrote:
Good call, Toby.

Now that you've made this clear, it is a pretty safe bet that anyone who tries to get around it probably doesn't serve a useful purpose on this forum, except to themself.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 am

JS wrote:
Good call, Toby.

I agree with you, but have a look at what the no 1 flamer and pompous pimp on here wrote about you.
While you have always been straight up in your replies, this nice person has decided to criticise you, and label you as "back woodsy", whatever.

Meanwhile criticising you as well about having a blank profile, whilst his is entirely blank too, and we all know he is being sponsored and getting free stuff!

This is typical of this idiot's hypocrisy, and also typical of him to get off topic and start to get negative with the person, instead of adhere to the common sense rules of this place.

that anyone who tries to get around it probably doesn't serve a useful purpose on this forum, except to themself

I think that is the most perfect non profane definition of a Fokiten that I have seen posted on here, thanks JS. :thumb:

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

Lourocks
Frequent Poster

Postby Lourocks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 am

i am affiliated to Durex and Condoms Magazine ! :thumb:

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:40 am

Great stuff Toby. I think this will be very useful for newcomers to the sport and to the forum.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

P

Return to “Kitesurfing”