Forum for travel reports and travel questions
Arab
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DR, Cabarete info please

Postby Arab » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:03 am

Just looking for some advice...

Airfares are about 100USD cheaper per person to fly into Santiago rather than Pueto Plata. There are 4 of us, just wondering what a taxi would cost from Santiago to Cabarete, or if it'd be worth hiring a van and driving ourselves... or if its just all too hard and we should just fly into Pueto Plata.. Thanks! :D

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Santiago is no problem. We have had people before in our apartments flying at Santiago. We hired a taxi for them who brought them here: US$ 80,- per transfer (1 - 4 persons). This is the easiest way. You can hire a car, but I think you will have to bring it back in Puerto Plata, so then you need transport from there to Cabarete. The road is not difficult, you just have to get used to the driving style here :D
The cheapest way is to get the bus and go with Caribe Tours. I believe you can get on it at the airport or close and than you go until Sosua. From there you take a taxi or ask your hotel to have a taxi there waithing for you. Probably about US$ 10,-.

If you need more info about Cabarete or the DR, you can always send me an e-mail, no problem. My e-mail adres is info@hookedcabarete.com.

Chantal
http://www.hookedcabarete.com

Arab
Rare Poster

Postby Arab » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:41 am

thanks 4 the reply :D

how big are the taxi's.... we've all got kite gear with us, i'm thinking maybe the bus would be better?

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:08 pm

Some taxi's are normal cars, some are small busses. We always arrange with the taxi company we work with that for kiters, they use a small buss to be able to take all the gear. If you know when you are coming and if you want that, I can arrange a taxi bus for you that waits at the airport. Then you know for sure you have transport.

With Caribe Tours (the bus company) it is also no problem to bring your gear. From Sosua you also have to take a taxi to go to Cabarete (Sosua is the village next to Cabarete) or make sure somebody picks you up.

Return to “Travel”