Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stage Two controlbar review on www.kiteboard.be

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:44 pm

Yeah, does anyone know what's up with these long leader lines?

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:25 pm

Leader lines have to half the length of the front tube on inflatables so the turn rate is nice and quick.... So i have been told!

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2002 5:05 pm

Hi,

Tested it , workes perfect

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2002 3:01 pm

Stage two would like to theank everybody for their criticism of the lock in bar, this is exactly what i needed to know.
Firstly the strap,, i am aware of the dificulties and the problems of this moulding. The delamination problem comes from the two part rubber grip, which when cut back for extra lock, starts to split allong its join. If anyone who has bought one of these and is experiencing this problem please can you send it back with a stanped self addressed envelope to;
Wind Designs
Unit 5
Century park
Lynn road
Chettisham
Ely
Cambs
CB6 1SA

We will send back a replacement FOC.
The problem has been sorted out using a single moulding for that piece, so those problems will not occur again.

The leader lines are that length in order to allow the kite (inflatable) to flatten out when released and dump all the power, if the lines do not have sufficient length to allow this the kite will still be powered on the end of your leash. Not good.
Thanks to everyone for there feed back as this is the only way i can improve the product and hopefully forward the whole kite control thing.

And lastly an apology to all of you who sent me an email and havn't had a reply yet. I'm getting through them after some 3 weeks away.

All the best to all of you,
Andy Preston.

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2002 4:12 pm

Thank You Preston. I think you're smart to address the forum on this topic. I have been holding off on buying the S-2 bar due to (mainly) this problem. I suspect other people have to. So are you fixing this problem on ALL you bars left in stock at various shops? Or are you taking care of the problem only when an unsatisfied customer returns the product for replacement? Please if you can clarify this it will help some of us who are still thinking about buying one.

Postby Guest » Wed May 15, 2002 12:51 pm

All the existing bars have been modified to stop the delam problem, a new improved strap will be available in a couple of weeks time, which supplies more locking power to the bottom end (full power)
PS all the bars are made to run with the Red line on the right ie; the strap on the bottom and the logo on the right. If your logo says 2s, you have it the wrong way up.
Lock and launch,
Andy Preston.

enzo
Medium Poster

Postby enzo » Wed May 15, 2002 4:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification Andy,
sorry to hear the new strap will not be available for another 2 weeks, the season here is in full bloom.....
I just mailed you yesterday my worn blue strap and I know there will be a few more coming from this side of the ocean (I know Peter and Scott need to replace theirs as well). Since we all live in the USA don't you think it would make more sense to have someone who handles the distribution here ? I would imagine that replacing every strap for every bar you sold overseas could be a difficult and costly operation if done individually, don't you think ?
One last question: wouldn't it be wise if the entire kitesurfing community around the world agrees once and for all on which color is which side of the bar ?
All the bigger manufaturers have adopted the "red is left" approach (as Murdoc confirmed earlier) so what is the reason for switching things around with the S2 bar ?
I agree this bar is a significant improvement from all the pervious ones but do we really need to switch colors around as well ? What do you guys at the forum think ?
Andy, what do you think ?
thanks, Enzo

Return to “Kitesurfing”