All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gorge (Hood River, Oregon): Places to ride and stay?
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:34 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking a trip to Hood River this summer in late July. I was wondering about the launches. In particular, I'm interested in the Waterplay beach listed here:

http://kitebeaches.com/kitebeaches/viewspot.php?id=2598

as it's right next to our hotel (Best Western). Since it's listed on Kitebeaches.com, I assume you can kite there, but some other local sites seem to refer to it as windsurf only. If anyone is aware of the local rules and guidelines, please direct me to them.

Thanks,
Guy

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:25 pm 
Rare Poster

check out [url]nwkite.com[/url] Any and all answers are there for the waiting. :bye:

Post subject: Gorge?Hood River KB'n
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:26 am 
Rare Poster

The Best western hotel is right close to the beach (Event site). The East end of the beach is mainly windsurf turf, but it seem that kites are slowly pushing eastward. Don't worry too much if you find your self a bit down wind and in the wind surfing waters. Hey we are all sailors, besides windsurfing will be cancelled in a year or two anyway, so don't give the poor souls a hard time.
I will be back in Hood River July 28 through Aug 7 for some much awaited warm & steady Westerlies. Kite of choice is a 12 for 180 # rider.

See you there

Darren :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 pm 
Rare Poster

I will be traveling in Oregon for a week including two days of kiting in Hood River (the first week of September). I am interested in what hotels would you guys recommend in Hood River besides Best Western. It looks like Best Western is sold out - is there a competition or smth going on the weekend of Sep 9-10?

I'd prefer to be very close to the water so that we can walk with our gear to Waterplay or Sandbar (any other spots worth checking out)?

Also I'd appreciate any advice of what size kites to bring for 180# and 130# riders and what shops would you recommend for kiteboard rental?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Somebody already suggested, but here it is again:

http://www.nwkite.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:54 am 
Rare Poster

wind can get pretty sketchy in the last part of summer. You will need a varity of kites, though don't don't go big regardless of how lite the wind may be, cuz it can go from 10 to 30 in a matter of a few short minutes.
As far a places to stay closer to the water, good luck! For the last couple years we've been staying at a B&B in Moiser a little town 4 or 5 miles east of Hood River. 'The Moiser House' The innkeeper Cindy is great & it really isn't that much out of the way.
Have fun!

[ 6 posts ]