Forum for snow- and landkiters
sara
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sara » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:36 pm

Hi!
Im going home for holiday to sweden ( normaly I live by the red sea). And was thinking that I would try snow kiting ( Im allready good on water)
Now I got kites allready both ram air and normal.
But what board should I be looking for?
What size? ( Im 173 and 58kg)
And I would like to be able to take my feet lose..... so what bindings should I have?
Thanks alot!
Sara

Nimbus2000
Medium Poster

Postby Nimbus2000 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:13 pm

Any snowboard would do, but prefer the ones which are
* more or less symmetrical (twintip),
* as wide as possible, so you can put your feet almost perpendicular (little bit of "duck stance"),
* as little sidecut on the heel side as possible (because you will be going more straight ahead as opposed to downhill snowboarding were you are carving all the time)

There are also kite-specific snowboards on the market now, as f.e. the "King". Reviews are very positive.

For the bindings, choose a step-in system like the Burton Custom SI or the Flowbindings (http://www.flow.com). I've seen a step-in system were you could release by pulling up a chord from the boot, which looks practical as well.
In any case, try to spend as little time as possible with only one boot in the binding. That can end up painfully if things go wrong.
If you have someone to help you, the easiest is still to launch strapped to the board, as it may be hard to have a decent grip on the ice when you're well powered up. (It can be difficult to walk back up to your board when you go into a slide)

Good luck, I am quite sure all the lakes are frozen in Sweden and there's a decent pack of snow on top of them.

Have fun and be careful!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nimbus2000 on 2003-01-14 16:14 ]</font>

sara
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sara » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:46 pm

Thanks!
I will give it a try!
Sara

Return to “Snow / Land”