Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:03 pm

Sorry but the other post on the f-arc is getting too long. Toby is right, if you have to talk bad about people better you go in the e-group where everybody is just fighting and nothing constructive come out of it!

I don't know the Austrian guy but is talking with some sense, you have no idea how many beginner show up at our school with new Naish ARX sold to them from some shop as first kite !!!!! Same thing will happen with f-arc some guy eventually will get confuse and will think that is about the same but with better performance So the kite to buy!!!!

I'm always been an Arc flyer and I'm still now, I just renew my quiver with 2002 kites. I really like the 840 and the 1120.
I always choose Arc for all his feature specially the easy of solo launching and landing, the auto zenith and not luffing, stability, general safety of the kite compare to Inflatable (when you have replaced the original safety system!!!)
In my opinion after all I reed about the F-arc it doesn't have all this requirement, is just a High Aspect ratio toy, not easy to launch from the beach, and if he goes in the water there is a high probability of not relauch!!!
So I don't see what people get so excited about: 1 more meter in high jumping? 1 more second in the air? More upwind?
Sorry but all this is possible to achieve with just more training and experience. After one year on my ARC I can jump higher, have more hang time and go upwind the more of the guy in inflatable and by far more then just few months ago!!!
I think the F-arc will be the wrong choice for most of the people that are thinking to buy them!!!!!
Stick on a normal arc or if you want something really extreme I think is better some of the new High aspect ratio inflatable that at least are possible to relaunch.
I also think that too many people after become ARC addicted and fighting for the good name of our kite become kind of blind and doesn't want too try anything that is not ARC related.....
Just open your mind and get the best from both world of Arc and Inflatable, try as much kite as you can before judge and throw bad thinking on other kite....
I try every kite get close enough to me and I buy and use what I think is best; I don't care to switch from Arc to inflatable depending from the specific situation or place where to sail.

Bye Jankie

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:08 pm

Hi,
well rumours are going round that the f.arc is not only
providing better hangtime but also better upwind capabilities.
As an arc-pilot you will ask yourself, what the hell shall I do with more upwind, even with the old arc it is already difficult to jump all this upwind away...
And i really never drop the old arc anymore, so why not try something with more performance and less chances to waterstart?
Every Arc fanatic wants to know if the f-arc is the thing he needs.
So why not ask or try?
Thisl

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:10 pm

Hi,
well rumours are going round that the f.arc is not only
providing better hangtime but also better upwind capabilities.
As an arc-pilot you will ask yourself, what the hell shall I do with more upwind, even with the old arc it is already difficult to jump all this upwind away...
And i really never drop the old arc anymore, so why not try something with more performance and less chances to waterstart?
Every Arc fanatic wants to know if the f-arc is the thing he needs.
So why not ask or try?
Thisl

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:53 pm

You sometimes wonder when you hear people with a full inventory of prior editions saying; "Nay Nay!" to the latest product.

The latest edtions from almost evey kite company are better looking, better performing and better built. This F-Arc may be the same.

And if I was the manufacturer - not just a person who's kites may be worth 40% of what he paid - may also want to slow the rush forward a bit. There certainly is a lot of product in the pipe and certain market inertias to deal with.

And is not the basic problem: beginners buying ANY kite? How dare they show up to my surfbreak with a custom, epoxy, Joel Tudor, signature model!

Give beginners a break. So what if they have to swim - IT'S A WATER SPORT. Maybe it's like hitting your thumb with a hammer - perhaps you'll learn to keep your eyes off the Sallys quicker.

I don't think the buyers of the F-Arc will become Bishops while S-Arc owners remian monks. But I have seen them fly.
It is a new religion.

Return to “Kitesurfing”