Forum for kitesurfers
BiteMe
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BiteMe » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:18 am

Guys,

I don't get it??? What's with all the commotion? This is what Best does. They ruined this forum years ago with their constant hype, self promotion, and cheap shots. Why the surprise, why the rage? Nothing new here, move on....

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:00 am

Skooner Jr. wrote:I'd hate to bring this up but wasn't it right after the Waroo came out everyone jumped on it and said it was a Sonic copy?? I think Gumball's trying to make a point......maybe he could of worded it a little better but that's not Gumball. We should all know better.
Yeah, this is boring old stuff now, but that came to my mind as well when I read the post of Gumball:

Back when Best just released the Waroo, Gumball told on this forum how it was developed. They took all bows out at that time, they found the Sonic being the best so they copied it and tried to develop on the weak points. Thus became the Waroo the second KPO-style SLE/hybrid, one of the best kites in 2006.

All this is normal and good for the sport, but it's funny that Gumball complains now that others copy the super-original Waroo.

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:04 am

Cool Gumball is advetising for us now!

I've left this alone for ages coz i can't bae arsed but this guy is just too much.

Gumball What a Numpty!

I'd be Embarrassed to be associated with BEST if I ever became insane enough to be.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 am

This is the lowest off lowest i have ever seen the last 16 years i have been a Surfer.. :oops:

astx
Frequent Poster

Postby astx » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:33 am

shame on u dude.. :roll:

mopman365
Frequent Poster
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional

Re: SlingShot 2007

Postby mopman365 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:58 am

toyletbowl wrote:
gumball wrote:If you ever needed confirmation that the Waroo was the best kite and best selling kite of 2006, here it is. Introducing the 2007 Turbo-Roo, rumored to be (and very obvious it is) a copy of the 2006 Best Waroo at twice the price. Guys, should we send you a 2007 Waroo to copy so at least you have up to date technology? I guess immitation is the greatest form of flattery...
worst post ever.

i actually thought the company was turning a corner, but it's worse than ever. the chest thumping...in your face...we're the greatest...blah blah blah.

my 8 and 12 year old act more mature by far. they've learned to compliment others on great performances. hard to teach this at a young age, but it's a great quality and cool to see when it happens. makes ya proud.

in contrast...nuff said.

i'll post on the watoo pro thread why i think gummy does this stuff.
Are these Best pimps getting paid to smear the Best companies name (or what's left of it) like this? I hope not.

I'm sure Best makes good kites (like every other kite company out there), but I will never buy one after being subjected to their pimps' marketing methods for so long.

And by the way, the Link looks like every other bow on the market (copied from Bruno) with North's cam-battens added.

DickSticker
Rare Poster

Postby DickSticker » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Simon/SQ must be really happy about this new marketing strategy.

Why did it happen though????

Is this the 'Bash DumbBall Therapy' ????

Or it's some kind of diversion. Best must have screwed up somewhere else and want to divert our attention to this...

Or maybe DumbBall was sleeping at the marketing briefing... Simon's briefing said that Best needed to be top of mind in all forums again. So DumbBall made sure it worked...

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:49 pm

I thought they had the gumball fella under control, tied up in the back room away from sharp objects etc. etc..

Maybe they just let him out once a year....either way he's not doing Best any favours, a while back I thought Best were doing OK, starting to get some cred back...not so much of the meglomaniac stuff

Then ya let him back on the keyboard.... :duh:

Lost
Medium Poster

Postby Lost » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:31 pm

I think slingshot would say thank you for promoting their new 2007 line!
gumball can please more pics of their 2007 line? i want to know what i would order!

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster

IDIOTIC BRAND LOYALTY

Postby blowhard » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:35 pm

sounds to me like nobody ever copied anyone ever,but if you look close almost all the kites are very similar to each other some a year model apart ,don't know how they come up with the ideas(steal them) ,
But for sure everyone in the biz is out for some of Bests blood,
However just to not care for a company because they are price cutters is not much of a reason .
There are lot's of people in the biz who are not too bright about what comes out of thier mouth

I used to be Slingy ,then Naishy ,now Besty ,next???
whoever has the kite I like

Return to “Kitesurfing”