Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:21 pm

Tomorrow I can tell you how it performs.
I will get a 10 and 12 today and tomorrow we have lots of wind!

I'm already shivering... :lol:

Toby

Jorrit
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jorrit » Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:52 pm

You lucky bastard!! We have also good wind; 4/5 bft, but the Weater is ##!!!

Have a nice time!

Jorrit

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:13 pm

A friend did test it and told me it jumps extremely high but also comes down very fast

Please let us know what you think

Peter from Austria

tux
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lignano
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara CE BR
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Helix Limited '09 9 North rebel '09 9; vegas '08 9 , rhino '07 14
John Amundson Pro model '08 Hydro '08

Postby tux » Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:30 pm

let me know soooooon

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:02 am

Well, Toby said that when he finally got to try the X2 he might be on the water for a week! Maybe he's still out there! Meanwhile, we continue to wait patiently :roll: I wish he had a voice activated, waterproof palm pilot with a satelite uplink so we could get the play by play commentary! :-razz

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun Apr 28, 2002 9:53 pm

Hi guys,

I'm back from the water and every muscles hurts!
I tried the 10 and 12.
Both kites work well.
The 10 is more fun to handle and is a real weapon.
The ARX already had a lot of lift but the X2 has even more! The ARX came down quiet fast, this has been improved as well. Longer hangtime and softer landings.
But it is not that you fly forever. The X2 belongs to the top kites. I have to test it more, since you always have to get used to a kite to fly it to the limit. And since the kite has 4 options for flying (2 line connectors for the front and back lines)
So I have to do more testings.
A friend of mine told me that the X2 10.0 will be his kite for the season. He tests kites for magazines and flew them all.

What I really liked was that the quality is unbelievable great! All seams are of excellent quality and the material looks very robust.
It came with the Aero bar, therefore I can't say anything about the new bar and its safety.

But the overall imression is very impressive.
Fast kites, good power and good lift. Interesting will be the bigger sizes and its performance, speed and water relaunch ability.

Can't image tomorrow to wake up. Everything will hurt!

Toby

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:45 pm

Hi Toby!

I can tell you my opinion of the X2 kites. i tested 8,10 ond 12 qm till now. The funny thing was last sunday. i was out with the 10 cause the wind was gusty and between 4 to 6 bft. Mostly 5. I was really very well powerde and a friend of mine was out with the wakeboard and the 16 qm X2. i coulnt believe that he could handle it. He is a little bit heavier than me but....

O.K. So i think that the best thing of the new kite is, that it makes very much power. So i can go out with a smaller kite. But i like to work a little bit with the kite, and i like it when its turning fast. Its nearly too fast for me when i fix the lines at the outside points. i have to try to trimm it the next time. I think it will be possible to adjust the kite like you want it. I let u know. if it works.

Bernie from Austria

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:18 am

Hi Bernie,

I think the trim plays a very important rule with the new X2. As you say you can trim it the way you want it to suit your style.
I will test the X2 12.0 today with the lines all the way to the outside.

IMO the kite can be trimmed for every wind. If you have strong winds, you trim it inside so it will be slower. In lighter winds you trim it outside and it will be faster.

What do you think about the lift, Bernie?

Greetings
Toby

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:35 am

The lift is really good! Compared to the ARX i would say its more. The last time i was nearly too high. I dont know yet if its because of the kite or whatever. Fact is, that i have to be careful to steer the kite not too much back when u lift of. It happened that i was hanging high in the air and the kite was nearly on the same level. But luckily i got it back before landing. It was gusty as well. So this is what i say, that its fast steering. But i will try all kind of trimming. im sure it will make a very big diffrence.
Maybe we got wind today??

Bernie

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Wed May 01, 2002 7:04 am

I saw the X2 yesterday. I have some doubts concerning those tube-tips combined with the leading edge. Seems a vulnarable construction to me. I expect they will give problems.

Return to “Kitesurfing”