Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Shannon Best on Cape Cod

Forum for kitesurfers
SlimShaddy
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SlimShaddy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:46 am

THeasley wrote:Who launched Shannon's kite?

shannon did... wasn't he on a waroo? ;-)

give it a rest!

vp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Island, Sandy Hook, Long Branch
Style: foil / race
Gear: Ozone R1V3
Delta Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding

Postby vp » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:32 am

This is not meant to judge anyone's behavior - i wasnt there. Just my own little experience with Phill.
About a year ago, I was on "his" beach flying a brand new Hellfish. The kite sucked - as we all came to realize. I was coming out of the water and waiting for someone to land it, there was a bit of a lull and the kite collapsed and fell out of the sky. I consider myself an experienced rider, and at that point there was absolutely nothing I could have done to make it stop. When the kite fell, it barely touched the grass on the dunes. Next thing I know, Phill (i had no idea who he was at the time) came running at me, cursing me out. I apologized and made it clear that it wasnt intentional. That didnt seem to matter. The guy kept lecturing me in the nastiest way possible. 10 minutes later, a local Slingshot rider was practicing technical tricks right in front of the beach. He crashed his kite hard, right in the middle of the dune. Phill said nothing.

Satan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Satan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:09 pm

Tiesebag, what exactly does Best give you for your unconditional loyalty?
Say I kited near the Plover zone at Kalmus, would you say that’s no big deal? Or Chaz, say I kited in the pond at Dr. Feldman’s, or invited the Audubon society to watch me fly my kite above the plover there, would you say no big deal.

And what’s with all this attacking Phil. Who gives a crap if he’s an a-hole or not. That totally off topic. What does that have to do with someone else kiting in the pond. And what’s with this, “there was a windsurfer in thereâ€

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ryansurf1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:20 pm

satan...7 gay references in one post....

your a fag. :lol:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:14 pm

like i said i don't want to add to the thread, but since you asked.

all i know is the truth: shannon kited somewhere he shouldn't have.

i don't know the situation or the reasons, and i figure, neither does anyone else except phil or shannon,and both of them have long sinced moved onto better things.

like i said before, i suggest we all do the same, before this thread is picked up upon by someone you don't want to see it and it's used to close down surfing in the area.

all the bitching in the world aint going to make any difference to what has happened, but it might serve to close down the area.

THeasley
Rare Poster

Postby THeasley » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:26 pm

SlimShaddy wrote:
THeasley wrote:Who launched Shannon's kite?

shannon did... wasn't he on a waroo? ;-)

give it a rest!
The (correct) answer to my (rhetorical) question, however, throws an interesting light on the situation.

tisebag
Rare Poster

you tool

Postby tisebag » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:44 pm

Gimmee a break Satan, unconditional loyalty, at least I have respect for everyone. Your continued slams just show how little respect you have for anything or anyone. You have no interest in this debate other than entertainment. My deal with Best is a good one and while my loyalty is well founded its not unconditional. I have more perspective then you on the incident that happened and think if you read through my post they are reasonable and objective. While I have great appreciation and respect for Phil and his efforts at WD I dont think the public slam on SB was in proportion to the violation of the rules which were ambigous. I have offered to help clarify the "ambiguity" by assisting Phil and JC with new signage as I have in the past. Let me ask you, what have you done for your kiting community lately? other then polute the forums with more of your bantor you do little more then show off your homophobic nature and continued disrespect for all.

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:41 pm

sq225917 wrote:like i said i don't want to add to the thread, but since you asked.

all i know is the truth: shannon kited somewhere he shouldn't have.

i don't know the situation or the reasons, and i figure, neither does anyone else except phil or shannon,and both of them have long sinced moved onto better things.

like i said before, i suggest we all do the same, before this thread is picked up upon by someone you don't want to see it and it's used to close down surfing in the area.

all the bitching in the world aint going to make any difference to what has happened, but it might serve to close down the area.
SQ you start out with a great post. You're the first Best Groupie to actually admit wrong doing. Everybody else on your team is offering justifications: he didn't know, the rules were ambigious, Phil gave him the green light, there were windsurfers out there, it's no big deal, he's a great guy, etc.

Then you go into some bs about how this thread is going to close West Dennis. That's the same tactic George Bush uses to close any debate on the Iraq war, you know "saying anything negative about the war is helping the terrorists". In our world the terrorists are a bunch of fanatical bird lovers with the power of the US gov't to behind them. This thread won't close West Dennis, people kiting in restricted areas will close West Dennis. What this thread does do is generate negative PR for Best Kiteboarding, so admit that is the real reason you're don't want to post.

You know if Shannon Best offered an unconditional apology and Team Best had not chimed in with a million pathetic justifications there would have been no debate.

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Re: you tool

Postby Satan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 pm

tisebag wrote:Gimmee a break Satan, unconditional loyalty, at least I have respect for everyone. Your continued slams just show how little respect you have for anything or anyone. You have no interest in this debate other than entertainment. My deal with Best is a good one and while my loyalty is well founded its not unconditional. I have more perspective then you on the incident that happened and think if you read through my post they are reasonable and objective. While I have great appreciation and respect for Phil and his efforts at WD I dont think the public slam on SB was in proportion to the violation of the rules which were ambigous. I have offered to help clarify the "ambiguity" by assisting Phil and JC with new signage as I have in the past. Let me ask you, what have you done for your kiting community lately? other then polute the forums with more of your bantor you do little more then show off your homophobic nature and continued disrespect for all.
Nothing I post is homophobic. Take a closer look all my posts are homophilic. I strongly support the gay agenda. At least I don't pollute the forums with biased bs about my favorite brand. I don't even have a favorite brand. It's just gear.

What have I done for my kiting community lately? Nothing special, just the usual rescuing lost boards and kites, giving beginners advice, picking up some trash, taking photos, helping fellow kiters see their homosexual side, and starting a thread on a subject I knew would turn into a giant flame war. We all got our good and bad sides.

tisebag, since I actually know you. It's no fun to argue when I can put a face on the receiver of my bs. Please don't take this shit personally. I have a lot of respect for you. The internet is a hard medium to communicate with as it shows no emotion with words. If you saw my face you'd actually see that everything I write is to be taken with a grain of salt and a sense of humor. Rock on and be stoked that you got one of the best kiteboarding set ups I've come across anywhere in the world.

tisebag
Rare Poster

Postby tisebag » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:41 pm

Grain of salt taken, "keepin it real" online is impossible. This thread should be extinguished....

Return to “Kitesurfing”