Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Source for Bladders?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:56 am

Can someone provide a few good sources for replacement bladders in North America.

Thanks!
rv

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:20 pm

Watersports west in largo florida has always had the relacement bladders I need. They normally offer me stock or after market brands too, so they must carry both.
I dont know the phone number right of hand, but I think you can get it from their website at http://www.watersportswest.com. Their website sucks but their service is killer. They drop ship to me the same day I call everytime. I always get my stuff in a coupld of days and I'm not even near them.
Josh

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:07 pm

Anyone know anything about buying bladders replacement bladders from Caution kites? or their kite repair services?

Also, I heard they are making some good kites at good prices. Anyone have experience with them?

thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:22 pm

Caution Kites is one of the best repair centers in North America. They have worked on my Naish kites, with superb results. Turn around is quick as well. I live in Southern California.

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:28 am

Less expensive bladders (also supposedly better strength/weight than stock) and reportedly expert repairs are available from Air Time in Hood River Oregon. Sorry I don't have their contact info.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:28 am

I searched for info about Air Time but could not find anything in Hood River. Only a custom clothing maker Airtime.

Does anyone have more information?

thanks

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:46 am

I believe that it is Air Time bladders that was the other brand that watersports always offers me. Dont hold me to it since I always have just bought the stock bladders. Give them a call and talk to them about them. They can tell you more and I think they have a toll free number. When they were oferring me the aftermarket bladders they were telling me that they also had some extra options on them as well. Otional balls in the bladders maybe? For sure some other valve options too. If i remember right the leading edge bladders by them have 2 valves on them. But what makes them neat is that the second valve is not punched through the bladder yet, so if you dont have a hole in your kite for the second valve stem, you can either cut a hole for it yourself, or you ccan just cut off the extra valve stem if you would rather not modify your kite. If you choose to use the second valve sstem, you just take a screwdriver or other sharp object and stick it in the valve and punch through the bladder membrane and it becomes fully functional. Thats about all I know. Call those guys and ask them personally. They have the bladder their in front of them to look at.

Josh

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:38 am

Josh,
re: "watersports" ? I am having trouble finding this.

Any more specific information on your source? a web site address, exact name of the shop, location, email, or telephone number?

thanks again

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:16 pm

I am still trying to find out more about the bladder supplier/kite repair shop in Hood River (the Gorge)

Anyone have any specific information? web address, telephone number, email address??

thanks

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:40 am

AirTime Bladders & Kite Repair, Hood River Oregon: 541-386-5788

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kiteboarder@pacbell.net on 2003-01-21 22:29 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”