Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Leash for F-one TT

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:47 pm

Hi,

I am seeking a solution for putting my Leash to my TT. How can I do this. There does not exsist a leash plug like on my old directional? I am using a Rollleash (Flysurfer)
Thank You

blizzard
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby blizzard » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:05 pm

You can buy a fitting at a marine shop which you screw into one of the holes designed for the binding. A lot of people , and organisations are encouraging against the use of a leash.

Have you asked f-one? Interesting to hear what they say. They're not unique, in fact I think they all do this.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:44 pm

You can get a piece of Nylon strap (like they use for depower strap. Check a Stainless Steel ring. Fold the nylon strap in two and put the ring in the closed side.
Then make two holes in the nylon strap to fit under the Fins screws and your done.

Rv
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Rv » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:26 pm

I leashed my old F.One by tying some thin rope between the straps and atatching the leash to the center of that. This way prevents it diving, but occasionally with will get stuck side on while you are being dragged, so attatch the other end of the leash to your spreader bar. In major wipeouts where you are pulled so fast the board cannot break lose of the water quick enough to follow the rope will act as a weak link and snap, leaving the board drifting rather than acting as an anchor/missle.

Return to “Kitesurfing”