*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:19 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 107
Location: Tanzania
anyone has made a comparison between the contra 19.5 and contra 17?

especially in terms of turning speed?

Ceeya


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:28 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:56 pm
Posts: 2387
ankers wrote:
anyone has made a comparison between the contra 19.5 and contra 17?

especially in terms of turning speed?

Ceeya


I've not used the 17 Contra. But comparing the 14 Contra and Waroo 16 the ability to get you going is similar but the 14 is fast and turny more like a powerful 12 Xbow. The Waroo is more about grunt.

So for me riding the 16 was similar to the 19.5 Contra and since I rode the contra a month ago I'd say the experience was very similar, minus the lack of depower on the Contra. I was actually pretty impressed with the old contra. I dropped it and the recon worked perfectly with the kite relaunching really quickly!

So I'd think the 17 Contra would therefore be more like a really big C kite and perhaps have the pull of the older 23m Contra, or very close to it. Turning wise I don't know.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:48 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:01 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Vancouver, Canada
The contra 17 has close to the bottom end of the old 23.5. Turning speed is WAY faster. The 17 turns easily fast enough to do downloop transitions, and probably kiteloops but I have not tried kiteloops yet though (chicken).

People who are having trouble going upwind on a 17 in light wind are probably riding too fast. The Contra generates a lot of power from aparent wind, and when the wind is light this makes it impossible to go upwind if you ride too fast.

JJ


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:16 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 pm
Posts: 352
Location: Ft Lauderdale.Sponsored by: Exuma Kitesurfing
Now that I think Of it, Couldn't of Cabrinha Filled their demo kites with helium to keep them in the air, seems kind of sketchy that in the first pictures there was no breeze on the watter but, yet, the guy was having to be kept down by someone holding onto him... Or Maybe they made a special pump for the contra that converted Oxygen to Helium, Might be why the kite costs so damn much. :o
anyway. just thought I'd put it in here to get some laughs. :lol: :lol: :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:12 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 2588
Location: Madison, Wi. Cabrinha, Slingshot, Blade, Axis, Mystic, NP Surf.
it was actually oxygeluim filled with unobtanium splendiferosis. sshhhh.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:23 pm 
I"m sorry,

But I must protest this sort of thing.

Phillipp, you already "did compare" the CB 1 with mod, to the Contra and proclaimed the 16 x-bow with mod. "definitely" has greater bar pressure than the Contra.

That's just wrong.

To just assume and present it as tested fact, is so very, very dishonest.

I'm sorry, being stoked is one thing, however, providing reveiws based on mear assumptions, yet presented as case hardened/tested fact is quite another.

Again I'm sorry, but I must protest.


Toby how can you allow this guy/ gal to continue to post bogus reviews?

You claim responsiblity for what's posted here.

This is an official complaint, it rquires your attention.

Please respond

Thank you
)*(

Phillipp wrote:
)*( wrote:
Phillipp wrote:
I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.

• Turning Speed: Now we’re talking. This kite makes the Switchblade and Crossbow look like slow turtles. The new bridle attachment points have significantly improved the way this kite turns. I was even able to complete a full kite loop in around 8 knots.

• Bar Pressure: I’d say it’s pretty much equal to the Contra 12 and 14. Similar to the pressure of the 12m Switchblade. Definitely lower than the Switchblade 16 and Crossbow with mod 16.
P


So Is the 16 crossbow even with the mod still have heavy bar pressure?

ThanKs Phillipp,

love your stoke
)*(


)*(,

I haven't flown the CB1 16 with the mod. So I can't really compare the bar pressure. I would assume they are similar.

P


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:56 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:56 pm
Posts: 2387
Very good point...... ahem...... who ever you are???


Just fill out the official complaint form giving your name, address, phone number and email and reason for complaint.

All complaints will be dealt with confidentiality and promptly!

Keep the stoke :bye:




)*( wrote:
I"m sorry,

But I must protest this sort of thing.

Phillipp, you already "did compare" the CB 1 with mod, to the Contra and proclaimed the 16 x-bow with mod. "definitely" has greater bar pressure than the Contra.

That's just wrong.

To just assume and present it as tested fact, is so very, very dishonest.

I'm sorry, being stoked is one thing, however, providing reveiws based on mear assumptions, yet presented as case hardened/tested fact is quite another.

Again I'm sorry, but I must protest.


Toby how can you allow this guy/ gal to continue to post bogus reviews?

You claim responsiblity for what's posted here.

This is an official complaint, it rquires your attention.

Please respond

Thank you
)*(

Phillipp wrote:
)*( wrote:
Phillipp wrote:
I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.

• Turning Speed: Now we’re talking. This kite makes the Switchblade and Crossbow look like slow turtles. The new bridle attachment points have significantly improved the way this kite turns. I was even able to complete a full kite loop in around 8 knots.

• Bar Pressure: I’d say it’s pretty much equal to the Contra 12 and 14. Similar to the pressure of the 12m Switchblade. Definitely lower than the Switchblade 16 and Crossbow with mod 16.
P


So Is the 16 crossbow even with the mod still have heavy bar pressure?

ThanKs Phillipp,

love your stoke
)*(


)*(,

I haven't flown the CB1 16 with the mod. So I can't really compare the bar pressure. I would assume they are similar.

P


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:08 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 914
i rode the 14m contra yesterday

has good bar feel, surprisingly light for such a tractor

compared well with the modified crossbow or stock switchblade

jumps are floaty

but there is no way that it is even close to turning as fast as the 12m crossbow

David


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:11 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:56 pm
Posts: 2387
But it's not that far off which is impressive.

But if you ask me, 12m is the best size kite. Big too sluggish, small to lethal!!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:35 pm 
I'm sure the Contra 17 is billed as Cab's primier a light wind kite for good reason.

This is not reason enough for the unscrupulous to start making carte-banche assumptions and posting them as tested fact.

I'm outraged that you do this, Phillipp, it's WRONG !!

Now it seems the turning speed of the 17 contra is nowhere close to being as advertised by this poster Phillipp.

Please notice he claims:

Phillipp wrote:

"I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.

• Turning Speed: Now we’re talking. This kite makes the Switchblade and Crossbow look like slow turtles. The new bridle attachment points have significantly improved the way this kite turns. I was even able to complete a full kite loop in around 8 knots."



I come here for information not teenagers making crap up to get attention.

This sort of think is bad mojo, both for Cabrinha and Kiteforum.

Toby you need to take action, you need to sanction this b/s artist.

Thanks
)*(

This place is only for nice people who share their stoke, not for b/s artist to propogate their phony reviews...

PS.


From my mailbox,

...ask him about his 2 crossbow 2 kites (9 and 12) which he had to send back from brazil because the stitching failed around the valve! cabrinha know about this failure (manufacturing defect ) and are keeping it quiet. He's probably keeping it quiet becasue he's trying to get early personal demos of the switchblade 2 which is going to be released to dealers (demos only) this month and the public next month.

IS THIS TRUE Phillipp?

Love your stoke! your disinformation? that's just wrong.

)*(


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group