Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pictures Speak More Than 1000 Words (CONTRA 17)...

Forum for kitesurfers
schmoe
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby schmoe » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Wouldn't it make sense to compare the turning speed and grunt of the Contra 12 against the CB and SB 12? Size per size, you can really say which is the fastest turning Cabrinha bow. Comparing a 14 and a 12 sound like a beginning of a long argument :)

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:56 am

Yeah you are right, especially as it's totally subjective.

David is right it doesn't turn like a 12, but for a kite with so much power like a 16m it turns much better than one would expect.

Also when you own one, like I do perhaps there tends to be a certain amount of biased impressions?

wallyman
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wallyman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:42 pm

After test flying the 17 I would definately say it turns like a turtle, no comparison to the 12. Would be good for blasting and tricks which don't rely on to much kite movement.

Bagels9000
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: White sands, Napeague, anywhere eastern long island
Style: freestyle
Gear: 9m,12m Naish Torch 07', Nobile 666, mystic warrior.
Brand Affiliation: We teach for Ozone only

Postby Bagels9000 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:35 am

since when did kiteforums become a drama :girl: story?

think of this as the internet or TV in general, not everything is as true as it seems.

make sense?

-justin

)*(

Postby )*( » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:12 pm

wallyman wrote:After test flying the 17 I would definitely say it turns like a turtle, no comparison to the 12. Would be good for blasting and tricks which don't rely on to much kite movement.
So, crap:

This turning speed review by Phillipp, MakeHimDance, Xes Laro. Hotpoket, pimpomatic--whatever the f*** this poly-moph is calling himself today, is pretty much b/s too then?

wallyman?
Phillipp wrote:I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.
• Turning Speed: Now we’re talking. This kite makes the Switchblade and Crossbow look like slow turtles. The new bridle attachment points have significantly improved the way this kite turns.
P

What a let down, why do people try and b/s us?

What a disappointment....

Thanks the straight scope wallyman.

)*(

PS. Well Xes Laro, aka Phillipp.

Pick one !
)*( wrote:Xes Laro, err Phillipp,

Which story would you now like to claim as your preferd pp ?

The Good?
Phillipp wrote:
I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.

• Bar Pressure: I’d say it’s pretty much equal to the Contra 12 and 14. Similar to the pressure of the 12m Switchblade. Definitely lower than the Switchblade 16 and Crossbow with mod 16.
P
The Bad?
Phillipp wrote: I haven't flown the CB1 16 with the mod. So I can't really compare the bar pressure. I would assume they are similar.
P
Or The Ugly?
Phillipp wrote: The few days we were flying the Contra 17 there were quite a few other Cabrinha bow riders including those currently riding CB1 16m with a mod. According to their direct comparison the Contra 17 has a lower bar pressure. My wrong doing was that I didn't quote them or added some footnotes making a reference to their comments.
Which one would you like to choose?

Thanks, you should talk to your buddy kitepower about your expertise in forum etiquette, couldn't hurt, LOL

)*(

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Rockstar » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:38 pm

I would say that you,Fo,are the polymorpher!

From Fokiten to (;) or whatever stupid symbol you are using!

All you can do is abuse people!

I pity you your bitterness!

)*(

Postby )*( » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:21 am

Personal attacks will see you banned.

My posts are about the kites, and cutting through the b/s as it arises, that I might know I've the factual info and not a (padded) dream world type review.

The record of this thread exists I suggest you read it.

Your record also exists, Rockstar, please be careful, I do not wish to see you banned, but I cannot stop you from acting out.

Think it over, It's a kite user's forum not
kitebrandpimpingforum
Thanks for your future consideration

)*(

We trust Toby to keep this place civil and pimp free

We all make mistakes, some are worse than others, one could make a $2000.00 dollar mistake at today's kite prices.

Reviews are important, they require our scrutiny.

Being "emo" and lashing out is really not that rare; more or less common, not topical; not really of any import whatsoever, just sort of tedious...

Dull

Maybe, try to be more important Rockstar, not such an emo, not just sorry all the time...
Rockstar wrote::o

Sorry,did not check it properly !

Got a bit mixed up. :oops:

:bye:
Just think it over, is all I ask.

Thanks

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:25 am

wallyman wrote:After test flying the 17 I would definately say it turns like a turtle, no comparison to the 12. Would be good for blasting and tricks which don't rely on to much kite movement.
Well Wally,what big kite does compare to a12 when it comes to turning?How bout none.The Contra 17 is one of if not the fastest turning large kites on the market.

:roll:

)*(

Postby )*( » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:03 am

What are the others?

Bigwave, Thanks.

----------------------

A kite you can park has some real benifits in lite wind, like not fucking wearing your ass out...

lite wind sucks for the effort it takes on some smaller faster turning kites...

Both get the job done. What job? being out there against your better judgement... lite wind pretty much sucks, sept for the cruise of it.

However, The point is:

The key to any good review is to tell the f-en truth...!!!

All you dudes out there, who feel like you need to pump-up or defend your brand should look at this thread.

Why Lie? why pad your review?

Just tell the truth, because we're going to find out anyway...

)*(

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:49 am

One nice thing about the smaller more efficient kites is for jumping and trick stuff they work so well in my opinion. Bigger hook in an cruise kites are just that and well if I wanted to cruise, then I rig up my 10m RS-6sl and go windsurfing.

I really love my new Contra 14 as though not as quick turning as the 12m, I can generally use similar bar movements which is nice.

Anyway Phillipp good review I'd say, for sure appreciate your efforts in bringing them to us. I like the pictures and write up for sure. I guess the more you use the kites, the more accurate your impressions become. First impressions always differ from second and third!

Good on you and keep the stoke! :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”