Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The BEST Odyssey, a kiteboarding dream becomes a reality

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
kiteodysseys
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Circumnavigated twice- too many to list!
Style: wave
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

The BEST Odyssey, a kiteboarding dream becomes a reality

Postby kiteodysseys » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:03 pm

If we're doing our job, most of you have heard about our 5 year world kiteboarding expedition, "The BEST Odyssey ". "Best" because Best is our title sponsor. If you haven't, a quick lowdown: We're sailing around the world on a 60' cat seeking out untouched and never-ridden kite spots for 5 years. We've been working on the expedition now for a long time and while it was just launched publically a few months ago we had no idea if the concept would fly: Put together a group of passionate water men and women who could commit to taking time out of their lives to play in paradise each year.

But luckily kiteboarders are indeed a passionate group and we're stoked to announce that the dream has become a reality. Just this week we've sold all of the "Epic" shares- 15 day trips. We've partnered with KiteAdventures, The Kitehouse, Dare2Fly , OzoneTravel, andLaurel Eastman, who have all done a remarkable job getting the word out. Thanks goes out to these wonderful companies.

We've still got a ways to go- more Adventure shares (10 day trips) to sell, still have to acquire the perfect vessel for the expedition (September) and then work out all the logistics of our itinerary.

But the expedition has officially left the dream stage and enterred the world of reality. I know many of you out there in the kite world have also helped spread the word, and we are so grateful- thank you.

We've still got a few months left in the NW- been bouncing between Seattle, Hood River, a brief stint with the Best RV and I hope to see many of you out there before we leave. We'll be at the Jetty the next couple days with the Best Bus and Bucky Ashraft- come by to say hello.

Thanks,

Gavin McClurg
Attachments
Odyssey_Best-Background.jpg
As seen in Kiteworld, the Kiteboarder, and Kiteboarding
Odyssey_Best-Background.jpg (196.65 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

If Buck

Postby blowhard » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Hey if Bucky Ashcraft is on that bus he had better come to Florence, Or I will Kick his ASS,,
John Ash

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby lesbian horse » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:49 am

its a shame the only people who have money are shit kiters (apart from stav).

total kook fest. have fun!

kiteodysseys
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Circumnavigated twice- too many to list!
Style: wave
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Shit kiters? Well, not exactly...

Postby kiteodysseys » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:00 pm

I think you would be surprised. We've got quite a few regional pro level riders, several who started back when safety was a caribiner, of course the Best team, and on many of the trips a "guest" rider- these include Will James, Ben Wilson, Jeff Tobias, Martin Vari- I think they qualify in the big leagues yes? I wish I knew how, but many of these guys somehow pull down good cash and have plenty of time to go big as well.

Hopefully I'll learn something over the 5 years! :bye:

Return to “Travel”