Forum for kitesurfers
Rv
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rv » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:15 pm

"Pump me up" is a troll.

No one can honestly believe that LEIs are better in ALL aspects, especially "Ease of Setup and Packup".

Feed the troll and spread the thread!

Dux
Rare Poster

Postby Dux » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:32 pm

spam spam spam....just contributing to this thread that just won't die...if u can't beat them, join them...

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:59 pm

The question is not if foils are better or worse than leis.
There is no answer to that because
each kite has a different behavior.
Given example, a small Warrior is extreme
stable and never collapses, but provides less jumping.
A psycho is (together with Arc) unbeatable in going upwind and in its depower range.
You dont jump better, longer or higher on a psycho than on a lei, it is about the same,
but you jump more often as you gain more upwind. On the other hand, the kite is not made for gusty winds and may tangle itself in the bridle lines in its lower windrange.
Prepare to swim back!
I also fly leis and like them too...

T.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:31 pm

Wow. I smell 10,000. Toby you gotta work out a way to make money of this thread.

Dux
Rare Poster

Postby Dux » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:33 pm

Toby needs to lock this thread =P

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:55 pm

On 2003-01-27 16:33, Dux wrote:
Toby needs to lock this thread =P
Yes I agree!
bye, KG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteGlider on 2003-01-28 00:28 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:53 pm

"Pump me up" is a troll - Rv
"Fucking bullshit etc" - M. Muller
"Toby needs to lock this thread"
"You are not smart enough to survive dangerous traction kite sports. You can go out and commit kiteicide for all I care...I recommend that you quit kite surfing before you hurt or kill someone. You are just too stupid to be out there." -H-T

Hey you ram guys have got BIG problems.

I don't know if it's because of some inferiority complex related to the fact you've chosen dysfunctional equipment or an inherent defensiveness borne of a need to continually justify your choice of ram airs in the face of overwhelming evidence supporting LEIs over rams in every aspect of riding....

Just keep it scientific boys.

Personal abuse and slander is the last resort for those who can't argue a point of view on its merits.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:47 am

"Toby needs to lock this thread" ?

Do you hear a LEI user say this?
Truth hurts?
Cant face the facts?
RAM Air riders prefer to close their eyes?
Censorship - the last resort huh?

Keep the facts (scientific) coming guys/girls

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:30 am

mmm thats right , oooo you are clever and experienced aren't you.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:39 am

Hey guys here is the real scoop.The foils kicked ass in the begining but then the inflatables made alot of advancements and jumped into the market as the kite to be on and the manufactures through advertising rammed the tube kite idea down your throats.But with advancement the foil kites are making a come back.The new foil kites of today are outjumping the inflatables they do have twice the wind range and go upwind way better than the tube kites.I was in fuerte at the pro tour event and the psycho riders where out jumping all the inflatable riders and I witnessed some big name riders trying the psycho proto types and every one claimed that it was the best jumping kite they had ever ridden and remarks of the stability where solid as a rock and almost impossible to make fall out of the sky and the softest landings ever had.Marcus Damsel rips and in aug. was in the top 10 in the world on the european tour and he was riding the mast air at that time,he is now training on the new psycho in Fuerte and Tarriff to compete on next seasons tour.He emailed me that in his first 2 weeks of training that his trick list had doubled!!!Ted Bautista is a up and coming rider from Va.Beach That is absolutly ripping on the psycho and was voted best Trick of the HATTERAS PRO contest and will be competing this season on the psycho!!!Another stand out was a peter lynn proto type that a average rider was out jumping the big names in Fuerte as well his tricks whern't the best but his hang times where double the inflatable riders(flash,koch,sudrat etc.)So all you rocket scientist that know it all just remember nobody knows how stupid you truly are until you open your mouth!So you can follow the pack or you can step up open your mind and be a leader!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”