Too damn cold

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Air Vermont
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Air Vermont » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:55 pm

How cold does it have to be to have you guys bow out? I am fine to about 10 degrees F. THen I have trouble with my hands. Anybody wear mittens instead of gloves?

Gary

Windancer
Medium Poster

Postby Windancer » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:17 pm

I've been out to about 5 below. The conditions have to pretty sweet to draw me out in those conditions though; fresh snow, sunny, 10-20mph wind.

I wear lobster gloves/mitts with a shell over them. It is amazing how much warmer they are with the shell. Obviously there is no other exposed skin since the windchill is way down there. With the right gear you can still work up a sweat.

There also is something about being out in such extreme conditions. I think it is the modern day equivalent of the chest pounding we did when we lived in trees.

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:16 pm

I ride always with normal snowboard mittens. If it is really cold, you can have extra gloves inside mittens. You can keep gloves in your hands when you have to adjust your lines or do something else that you can't do with mittens. Worked fine for years...

Take care,

VESKU

Otg
Medium Poster

Postby Otg » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:30 pm

I was out in -12 degrees, in about 16knots.. and damn that was cold. I lost one of my gloves while riding so one of my hands were totally exposed. Now about 2 weeks after i still cant feel anything in 3 of my fingertips.. so my advice is get a good pair of gloves that dont fall off... preferably gore tex.

Good Luck...

/ Olle

Return to “Snow / Land”