ISLA HOLBOX....MEXICO

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
timi
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ISLA HOLBOX....MEXICO

Postby timi » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 pm

Hello there...I am thinking about going there for a couple of months in january.I would like to get all the info about this island.I heard its excellent for learning.which sounds very good to me.if you have been there please let me know how is it? thanks....

Kite Brazil
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Florida. (Affiliation: Ozone Travel Kiteboarding and Kite Fever!)

Holbox

Postby Kite Brazil » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:12 am

Since this is a travel forum, I think I can say this...

I offer a selection of accommodations on Holbox, and can give you the info on getting there, lessons, etc...

January would be a great time to go!

Please let me know if you would like more info.. karen@ozonetravel.com

Thanks!
Karen

CozumelTom
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby CozumelTom » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 am

Timi,
I have been going to the island of Cozumel (CZM) for 20 years to windsurf, fish and for the last 7 years, kite. The locals on the island have always talked about Holbox and some have traveled there to windsurf, fish (giant tarpon) and kite in the past. Holbox was destroyed during Hurricane Wilma last October, which also heavily damaged CZM. I also heard that kiting was no longer permitted in the Holbox lagoon. The lagoon has a flock of several thousand pink flamingos and other exotic birds and the government put a ban on kiting as the feel if disturbes the birds. I think the area is a sanctuary. I will be in Cozumel next week, returning on Nov 4th. I will try and get you some accurate info on Holbox for you. It is a long way to go from Cancun if the kiting is limited to the ocean.
Tom
http://www.cozumeltom.com

Return to “Travel”