Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Fri May 10, 2002 3:42 am

Banged up knees are a hassle! :cry:
Has anyone seen knee protection pads for kiteboarders? Check this out:

Here is the address:
http://www.flysurf.com/frontblocks/shop ... RENCES=406

Unfortunately, I only speak English and cannot read the product description. I don't know whether I'm looking at a knee pad or a bathing cap!! :razz: Can someone point me in the right direction to find knee protection products in the USA? Has anyone here tried such a product? How did it do? Maybe I have to try wet suit with really good knee pads, I don't know. :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phree on 2002-05-10 04:51 ]</font>

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri May 10, 2002 5:24 am

This neoprene hood is for those who are willing to brave the cold for the love of the sport.

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Fri May 10, 2002 7:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay so I'm an idiot! But still my banged up knees cry for relief. :cry: Anybody got leads on maybe a wetsuit that features killer knee pads? I really KNEEd to find something!

:razz: :razz: :razz:

Postby Guest » Fri May 10, 2002 10:31 am

--> Keep it simple and get yourself some rollerblade or skateboard pads

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri May 10, 2002 1:46 pm

It is tough having higher winds and banks of shallow reefs to drag over. Your story reminds me of a friend's experience in Maui almost three years ago getting dragged at speed over one of those shallow dead reefs. As to knee pads as long as it doesn't stop you from being able to easily swim or if they can be easily popped off there are lots to chose from. Rollerblading pads as has been suggested may work fine. Also you can take your wetsuit to most wetsuit fabrication shops to have knee pads sewn on. However the wetsuit pads will be soft and easily torn up by coral. You could also check out the knee pads at:

http://www.copquest.com/12-2100.htm

Good luck,
Rick Iossi

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Fri May 10, 2002 4:12 pm

look at barefooting wetsuits. they have extra padding in the knees and elbows and stuff.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Wed May 15, 2002 2:02 pm

Goto Home Depot or some other similar store that will carry trade tools...or, if you have one local to you, goto a Ceramic Tile store. They will have knee pads, some of which are actually made of something VERY similar to neoprene, and covered in rubber. I am thinking that these would be WAY more comfortable than rollerblade pads, less obstructive as well.

My two pennies worth for ya...

Johnny

Return to “Kitesurfing”