Times tested: 11+
Range: 13kn to 25kn

Good: Mid-High AR. AR is 5.1
This struts
Bow Bridles
Great de-power
Pulley Bars
Tough stitching

Bad: I wished I could put more colours on it!
Maybe more fancy artwork?

Review: In my honest opinion, this kite rides pretty much like the other Bows in the market. Have great depower, works well with the pulley bars, not so much pressure on the bars. And it goes upwind quite well. We designed the struts on the wingtips to be be clower to each other to have the stiffness on the wingtips. This actually help in the responsiveness of the kite.

As for light-wind, i did ride for awhile but it could be just my luck.. ;) or it could be just the high AR of this Cyclonez Bow..

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Intermediate
Style: All
Preferred Water: All
Preferred Power: Good
Preferred Kite Size: 16.0
Most Used Kite Size: 16.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 111-120
Brand Affiliation: Representative
Similar gear used:

For pictures and more reviews click here

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurf66 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Not to rag on you, but you did not choose a good name for you brand, at least in the US. Windex is a solution used to clean windows, which is pretty close to your brand name. Maybe your slogan could be that that your kites can clean the wind window :-D. By the way, if you provide a review and you are the designer, it's hard to take face value. Why don't you send some kites around for testing? I for one will take one if you are willing.

K66

edmundc
Medium Poster

Postby edmundc » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Eheahehhaea.. Windex? Really? Well I guess its too late.. Cant change the name now.. its even registered with the registrar..

yeah, it was kind of weird for me to review the kite myself but I had no choice.. i was trying not to be biase.. and i am trying to be as neutral as possible..

anyway thanks for the message and the comments won WINDEX.. It stays WiND-X - Inspired by simplicity..

chumbawamba
Frequent Poster

Postby chumbawamba » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:08 pm

HEY! YOU ARE EARLY! i found your web weeks ago and now its up and running! AAAWWWWW. Its like looking at a baby crawl and now she's walking.

Based on your review, you sound like a nice person. :D You dare not blow your own trumpet. Well I would have! HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, all the best WINDEX! :wink:

What's ur pricing like anyway?

swell29
Rare Poster

Postby swell29 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:21 am

hello
Are the wind-x kite the same as the http://www.china-kite.cn/surfing.htm
By the way ,your equipments (bars lines harness) are exactly the same .
The kite (interrest by the bow one) looks exactly the same ,the same size ,the same aspect ratio .....
ARE THEY THE SAME ?
ARE YOU THE china-kite designer ?
thanks for reply

edmundc
Medium Poster

Postby edmundc » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi there,

its funny for someone with a single post in the forum particularly targetting this thread about WiND-X.

Let me introduce myself first, I am Edmund Cheong, an I am the founder of WiND-X Kiteboarding. WiND-X kiteboarding is a company based in Malaysia not China. Malaysia is located in South East Asia.

WiND-X has got no relationship with China Kites.

I have visited the China Kite's website just now and I have to agree that we have the same bars and harness.

As you can see, on WiND-X's website; we do not champion our bars nor our harness. WiND-X main objective are kite development. The bars and harness are are from a third party company. The bar and harness company is based in China (but not China Kites). Its a different company. I believe that China Kites get their bars and harness from this company as well. Its just an opinion.

Looking at the bars carefully again, it looks like many other companies are also taking their bars and harness from this same company as well.

As for our kites, it is developed completely by myself and my team. Our BOW Kite, Cyclonez is developed by WiND-X.

WiND-X is a legitimage Bow Kite Licensee which pays royalty Diamond White. You can confirm this with Diamond White. In Malaysia, we respect intellecual property.

I hope I have cleared this matter.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 pm

edmund...i agree, you sound like a straight up guy. good luck with your new company.

edmundc
Medium Poster

Postby edmundc » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Thank you Toyletbowl,

I appreciate your comment and well wishes.

surf
Rare Poster

Postby surf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:39 am

I am just curious, where exactly you did all your 11+ tests? how many tests are done on water? who are the riders that did the 20+ knots wind?

edmundc
Medium Poster

Postby edmundc » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:12 am

Hi Surf,

The test are done in Malaysia. To be exact; its done on Balok Beach, Kuantan, MALAYSIA. You can learn more about the spot on kitebeaches.com. Click on Asia, Malaysia.

Besides that, during the inter-monsoon period like this month (october/november). Flying can be done in Bagan Lalang, Selangor. Wind is inconsistent during this period.

We have also tried at Bukit Layang-Layang, Johore, MALAYSIA. The home of one of the biggest International Kite Festival. The festival caters to all type of flyers; single lines, dual lines, buggying and hopefully Kiteboarding. This year Peter Lynn displayed his ARCs and I look forward to many more kiteboarders here in Malaysia.

For glight stability, we test at Kepong, Kuala Lumpur. Here, no water testing is done but just plain flight simulation for stability test. There are no sea/beach in this area but we do land-boarding there sometimes.

As for the riders, it is tested by kiteboarders in Malaysia.

Return to “Kitesurfing”