Forum for travel reports and travel questions
K@l@n
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ventana suggestions

Postby K@l@n » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:45 am

Hey all.
I am planning a trip to La Ventana in Nov. (Nov 14-21) and would really appreicate some tips on where to stay. Looking for nice place to keep some non-kiters happy too.
Criteria are: close to kitebeach and breakfast and lunch provided.

Doing some research these are my options:

Baja Joes - no food provided
Ventana Bay
Palapas Ventana
Pelican Reef Baja
Ventana Wind Sports

Any suggestions?

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:49 am

I spent a couple months down there and it was awesome no wind 3 days out of 60! Baja joes is a great place to stay, I slept in my truck but I had friends a baja joes. Another place is the bajmajal (http://www.bajahmal.com) I became friends with the owners and They are great! Its a 5 min walk to baja joes from there! As far a food Its basically cheaper to eat out than cook. and the food there is great! I wish I was going back! Have fun and make the drive 1.5-2 hours to the coast its worth it! Send It

rpmbaja
Rare Poster

great places in La Ventana

Postby rpmbaja » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:33 pm

Contact http://www.laventanarentals.com they have great houses for rent and it works out to be a lot cheaper than the windsurfing resorts.

ddog
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Ventana

Postby ddog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:08 am

When visiting Ventana you may want to consider traveling aprox 1-1.5 hrs. south to Los Barilles. Great kiting similar wind but far less crowds. Beautiful empty (relativly) beaches. I visited L.B last January (05) and took a day trip up to La Ventana. L.V. was a mad house compared to L.B. A great place to stay in L.B. is Hotel Los Barilles. They have very nice rooms at a reasonable rate. The best part is a cozy hot tub for post kiting. Hotel L.B. is across the main road from the beach.

rpmbaja
Rare Poster

la ventana

Postby rpmbaja » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:31 am

You can rent a house a lot cheaper than staying in one of the resorts and the houses are actually on the beach unlike the resorts which have there casitas back off the beach. You can arrange for a cook for $2.50 an hour. They do the shopping, cooking and cleaning. It's the only way to go. Check out http://www.laventanarentals.com
Good Luckl
PS The only problem with Los Barrilles is that it doesn't get nearly as much wind as La Ventana. LV probably 30% more days on the water

Return to “Travel”