Why is this site still so slow...

Forum for kitesurfers
AEsco48
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why is this site still so slow...

Postby AEsco48 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:25 pm

Dont have any problems on any other site or forum....it takes my computer forever to open a right click window on this site (to open a new tab for a thread)...and switching between tabs of this site is also slow....i can have 20 tabs open of this site...and 20 of another site and the right click and tab switching on the other sites works fine...

and all the automatic refreshing is a pain..

-AE

newDave
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby newDave » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:22 am

See my thread about this from a few weeks back.. the answer is that it firefox grabs massive amounts of memory/CPU time to load the menu system - and the new site isn't optimised for that. In fact, it's one of the worst I've come across. It seems like no more work is being done on it by the site designers here. :cry:

In the meantime as a workaround I'm using IE (It's the *only* site the I use IE for) and it runs at normal speed. I'm hoping that firefox 2.0 (due for release soonish) will handle it better. The upgrade is supposed to have addressed some of the excess memory usage issues.

Let us know if you find out anything else..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 pm

we are trying to optimize all.
Do you have the same problem on e.g. http://www.kitecommunity.com or http://www.kiteforum.tv ?

Dave, keep me informed if the new Firefox changed something.

Thanks
Toby

lollypop
Rare Poster

Postby lollypop » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:43 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”