Brazil kiting Accomadation in Ceara

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
CoxyBrasil
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby CoxyBrasil » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:20 am

If you need accomodation at Cumbuco, then please checkout http://www.cumbuco.co.uk . I live in Jeri and it is super windy; not sure how great that is for kiting. Cumbuco has more steady and lighter winds (8-10m kites). Not sure how much it would cost to transfer you to and from Prea/Jeri. But I'm sure if you hire kit or do a course with one of the kite clubs then the tranfser is free.
You could also check out http://www.clubventos.com.br I know they were setting up kiting from Jeri.
Cheers
John

vilaprea
Medium Poster
Gear: RPM's

Postby vilaprea » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:30 am

I live in Jeri and it is super windy; not sure how great that is for kiting.
Wind mustn't be too bad if Susi Mai, Julie Simsar, Ruben Lenten & Marc Doyle are all currently kiting in Prea.

Not sure how much it would cost to transfer you to and from Prea/Jeri. But I'm sure if you hire kit or do a course with one of the kite clubs then the tranfser is free.
Transfer from Jeri to Prea is about R$ 35 to R$ 40 each way for up to 5 people (in a buggy). You can bargain a return trip for R$ 60 to R$ 70 depending on how long you stay.

If you take kite classes or rent a kite in Prea, the transfer from Jeri is free, or included.

Cheers,

Fred

CoxyBrasil
Rare Poster

Postby CoxyBrasil » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 pm

There you go then. 8)
I still think that they is something called a "Kitesurfers Taxi" that takes people do and from Prea everyday from Jeri. Just thought it was worth a mention as Prea is dead at night. I don't know the cost, but thought it was about R$15 return with Mosquito.

murphysegg35
Rare Poster

Postby murphysegg35 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Cheers for all your help guys :thumb:

marcusaruana
Rare Poster

THERE IS CANOA QUEBRADA TOO

Postby marcusaruana » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi, YOU SPEAK ABOUT JERI, CUMBUCO ,PARACURU IT'S A NICE PLACES TO VISIT.BUT YOU DONT SPEAK ABOUT PLACE IN THE SOUTH OF FORTALEZA THAT YOU MUST VISIT,LIKE CANOA QUEBRADA; GOOD WINDS NICE PLACE TO STAY, BEAUTIFUL POUSADAS WORDEFUL VIEW AND ALSO A GOOD NIGHT LIFE .it's 150KM FAR FROM FORTALEZA.THERE IS TW0 BUS COMPANY THEY MADE THAT TRIP COST PER PERSON R$ 15,00(BRAZILIAN MONEY)AND ALSO A COMPANY WHIT MORE CONFORT (MINIBUS)FOR r$ 35.00
IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CANOA QUEBRADA,THAT START TO BE ONE OF THE MAIN SPOT IN BRAZIL FOR KITE PLEASE WRITE TO AND ACCESS TO http://www.pousadaaruana.com.br

Andre23
Rare Poster

CANOA QUEBRADA

Postby Andre23 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 pm

Canoa Quebrada is one of the most famous beach in the world : a magic place sitted in the Northeast of Brazil, in the state of Ceara.

For who likes sports, like surf, kitesurf and wind-surf, the beach of Canoa Quebrada is perfect, because it’s always windy.

We stay at your disposal for any additional information of Brazil and Canoa Quebrada :

http://www.canoaquebrada-ceara.com

André...Brasil.... :thumb:

CoxyBrasil
Rare Poster

Postby CoxyBrasil » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:56 am

Where's Canoa Quebrada? What's the wind like there? Do you know average prices of accomodation?

Andre23
Rare Poster

Canoa Quebrada - CEARA

Postby Andre23 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi Coxy Brasil,
Canoa Quebrada is a beach located in the state of CEARÃÂ

Return to “Travel”