Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
XSwind
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New to group and new boards.

Postby XSwind » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Hello

I just discovered this forum after lurking around on Yahoo boardbuilding for years, for those that frequent the yahoo group you will know me as skywardkites2003.

To introduce myself...

I am a home kite board builder and have been building board for 6 years on and off.
I only build boards for friends and my own personal use, so this is not a Pimping thread.

The purpose of this thread other than showing off my pride and joys are to encourage all those budding kite board builders out there to give it a go.

Board building is not rocket science nor is it difficult.
It does however take a bit of research and a brave heart, lots of tea or my personal preference beer!

I have just finished my latest 2 boards which I feel have turned out at shop quality.

They are a 132x40 and a 135x40 with 3 stage rockers and 8mm concaves.
The top skins are silvered carbon and have a hard, glossy Epoxy finish.
The bottoms are black carbon with a Durasurf layer (AKA Litewave boards.)

The rails are not the usual production ABS plastic found on most production boards. (ABS is difficult to bond and by default does not bond with Epoxy so it has to be treated and they also need be but joined at some point where they join to each other.)

My rails are different and use a liquid plastic, which can soak into the core and forms a “Real mechanical bondâ€Â
Last edited by XSwind on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halomon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Halomon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:39 am

Howzit Xswind; really nice boards. You must vaccum bag em eh? The two stage rocker looks good and probably works well to combat chop. Welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of good builders who post here. Maybe you could include a description of your building techniques so we can all pick up something useful for our future builds.....Chow

Thomas c
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Thomas c » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:02 am

nice :thumb: good work

Return to “Gear Builders”