Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Underground Wavetray

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri May 10, 2002 11:22 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know or have tested the Underground Wavetray boards. I read somwhere they are supposed to be good?

Sean

BlueSky
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BlueSky » Mon May 13, 2002 2:50 pm

I'm also curious. Might be a group of commercial people trying to promote a product or perhaps enthustiastic users??

Always difficult to value information.

Am looking for a high end board. Options are a wake with straps like cabinha spoiler or fone tt142 (very lightweight) or a small twintip like the Brunotti Hellfire or ....

Info welcome!

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2002 6:12 pm

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2002 6:12 pm

Sorry, the url is http://www.capedr.co.za

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Wed May 15, 2002 9:04 pm

Hello Blue Sky

I have read your post and I thought it may be addressed to my earlier reply (on the other Wave Tray thread).

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I am a commercial person trying to promote a product AND also an enthusiastic user!!!

In any case, I did inform every one that I'm a dealer so they can view my posts with "caution" if they like :smile:

Seriously now, I believe every word I said about the Wave Trays. These boards are really good and I'm not the only one who says so.

I'm not an expert in boards and I'm no expert rider (I'm what people may call these days an 'intermediate'... whatever that is). But the WT147 really rocks IMO! I used to ride a rather big directional which made edging seem impossible in really powered up conditions. On my 3rd session with the WT147 I was riding in the main loop with the kite fully powered up in winds where, if using my old directional, I would ride fully depowered and in the chicken loop! I just like this feeling of being in control of your kite at all times. It makes riding so much easier and more fun...

Truth is I did lose a couple of knots on the low end but the benefits are much greater.

So get a WT!!
(...is that "too biased"?? :wink: )

Mike

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Thu May 16, 2002 8:12 am

Hi Mike!
No I wasn't refering to your post. I read a lot on the yahoo forum about this board and was hoping to get some other opinions on this forum. BTW it's a general problem on the internet that you can't really judge the source of information: is the person good in kitesurfing, is it commercial, etc... It's best to hear as much opinions as possible, but the problem remains.
Thanks for answering!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 16, 2002 8:24 am

there are many good boards out there, but if you want an opinion from a person, it is always influenced by whatever. Also almost all people didn't try all boards, so they can only judge about the ones they rode.
I use the X-Shooter and it is a great board as well. Very nice design, great quality and high performance (http://www.x-shooter.com). But I can't compare it to the WT, because I never tried it.
The best is, if you can test all boards you are interested in and make your own judgement. Then you don'T have to rely on anybody else opinion.
Doesn't anyone loves his own board? :wink:

Greetings
Toby

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Thu May 16, 2002 3:07 pm

What can I say more...
You're right...
:smile:)

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Mon May 27, 2002 11:30 am

I tried the wavetray 147 yesterday.

I'm really impressed by the thin tips and the strength of the board. Holds edge very well and it's so light weight that you don't notice having anything on your feet. It feels smaller than 147.

I'm convinced. Still would like to try the smaller one (137), though I doubt it could be better.

Has anyone experience with the 137??

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Mon May 27, 2002 1:55 pm

Hello Blue Sky,

althought I haven't tried the WT137, in my opinion it's mostly suited as a 2nd high wind board or for very light weight riders (upto 50-55kg).

I'm 63kg and use my WT147 as my only board in 10 upto 25 knots without a problem. In over 20 I think I could enjoy the WT137 better but then again there are not so many "over 20 knots" days around here to justify a 2nd board.

All in all the WT147 is a great all-round board for riders 60-85kg.

Regards,
Mike (Underground dealer for Cyprus)

Return to “Kitesurfing”