Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dedicated 2 Liners ?????

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu May 16, 2002 10:22 am

Is anyone out there on a Naish Virus ???

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Thu May 16, 2002 10:44 am

i don't think that the naish virus is too interesting ?!

to me, it looks like the wipika classic???

Postby Guest » Thu May 16, 2002 12:57 pm

Is the virus any different from the R3 in design ????????

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Thu May 16, 2002 6:59 pm

I fly four liners all the time,And quite reasonly i started to use the s2 lock in controll bar which is great when it works ,And once you have locked in it is just like a 2 line but you have the advantage of locking it were ever you want full half or on power.

Postby Guest » Tue May 21, 2002 12:08 am

rO
Rare Poster

Postby rO » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:18 pm

yahman,
The coolest thing or riding 'doslinas' is that they sheet out way better and different than an average 4line kite!
Or you love it, or you hate it, there's no inbetween.
I myself love it; with my slingshot asylum and the inferno9 and a xtra flat pool behind a sandbar....a pretty neat thing to do!!!!
In 4+ft waves I prefer a lowAR 4liner, with just 3" of sheetable distance on the bar and a BrunottiMirror with xtra small fins.

To be honest, I love it all!
stoked4life
rO

rO
Rare Poster

Postby rO » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:18 pm

yahman,
The coolest thing or riding 'doslinas' is that they sheet out way better and different than an average 4line kite!
Or you love it, or you hate it, there's no inbetween.
I myself love it; with my slingshot asylum and the inferno9 and a xtra flat pool behind a sandbar....a pretty neat thing to do!!!!
In 4+ft waves I prefer a lowAR 4liner, with just 3" of sheetable distance on the bar and a BrunottiMirror with xtra small fins.

To be honest, I love it all!
stoked4life
rO

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:02 pm

Heaps of people in Auckland seem to use the chicken loop. I do ride unhooked every now and then and in the main harness hook on occasions (not the chicken loop but the other one).

Found you have to edge heaps better when not in the chicken loop... if you've seen the video HOW TO RIP HARDER you'll notice that they don't use the chicken loop.

I find it takes more guts to ride not in the chickenloop, remember it's not called a "chicken" loop for nothing. In saying that I do ride in the chicken loop quite often, like 95% of the time.

I haven't seen one hardcore 2 line wake kite in Auckland as yet (ie Virus, Inferno etc).

BLOWN AWAY.....

And Proud to be a chicken

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:28 pm

I learned on 2 lines. After buying my first 4 liner, I never used the chicken loop for about 6 months, and still sometimes rode 2 lines. So I have given both ways a fair try for myself.

Today, I ride 4 lines with a chicken loop pretty much exclusively. I personally cannot justify going out on 2 lines and having to bully and muscle a kite around(or be bullied or muscled by a kite) when the chicken loop HAS been invented. Call me lazy, or say "Get Hard"<----that just sounds gay-- if you want, but I prefer not to fight a kite when I can finesse one.

Now, if you are an ex-wakeboarder, and you are doing handle passes, KGB's, Slim Chances, and other things to place everyone downwind of you in immediate danger, then a could see wanting to use a 2 line kite...it's bar more resembles a wakeboard handle and lacks the center lines connecting the chicken loop thus freeing up the center of the bar.

....."i heard, on maui, they laugh @ chickenloop riders"....

This comes of no surprise. I heard, on the rest of the planet, alot of people are laughing @ the maui riders mentalities too.

Most of us aren't as immortal as the guys at KiteBeach, so 4 liners work...most of us cannot go out and practice our KGB's because we would risk losing our kitesurf launch, so 4 liners work...most of us aren't ex-wakeboarding stars used to the wakeboard handle, or being influenced by these stars, so 4 liners work...and alot are just plain lazy like myself and prefer the 4 line approach over the 2 line.

To each their own. I personally have to agree with the ridiculed 'kitebart'...it's all about having a good time, and you should use what works best for you and what you are most comfortable with, NOT what the KBG MAFIA tries to influence you to use.

The KGB MAFIA poster posted his/her message at approximately 4:20. I do not know why I point this out, but I think it's pretty cool.

Johnny

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:38 am

My son is using a 5.0 virus and is rocking.. he is only 10! :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”