Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wipika Hydro or FOne Mach1. Plz help!

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri May 17, 2002 5:25 pm

A PFD is a viable, and MUCH cheaper alternative to using a blimp as a rescue device. What happens when a line breaks, or something of that sort? Bye-bye flotation device (in the case of the blimp as rescue vehicle...)
Just something else to consider. I use Lotus Designs LoLa PFD, it is a well tailored vest (designed for kayaking)

jfk88
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jfk88 » Fri May 17, 2002 5:42 pm

Agreed with the pfd. I use that too...I'm just saying as additional peace of mind. The pfd I use is a bit annoying. It too is intended for kayaking. I'll have to search out that pfd you mentioned.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri May 17, 2002 6:38 pm

Hi JFK,

The Hydro is an intermediate kite, which is great for beginners and little advanced riders. Easier to restart and good handling.
The Mach1 is an high aspect ratio kite, which is faster and has more lift for jumping. The Hydro 11 has a surface area of 15 sqm, the Mach 1 12.1 has 12.1 sqm.
Concidering your weight and the winds you want to ride in, you should get a kite of about 14-16 sqm. This size is not good for beginners, better is 12 sqm, but i won't get you going in light winds, also if you want a smaller board, the bigger kite would do.
And since you already ride and make fast progress go for the F-One 15.1. Greta kite, fast and good lift. If you have problems relaunching, attach a 5th line and the problem is gone until you don't drop it many times anymore.

Hope that helped.

have fun
Toby

PS:
If you get confused with sizes like projected and surface (total) area, have a look at http://www.kiteproshop.com , they have many brands with their sizes and the surface area.
Or maybe anyone knows a tab with all sizes?

Return to “Kitesurfing”