Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Waroo, Rebel, SB2- who has the lowest end ?

Forum for kitesurfers
guy
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Waroo, Rebel, SB2- who has the lowest end ?

Postby guy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey,

Which one do you think has the lowest end capability for size 12 ?

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BJkitesurf » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:20 pm

I notice that SB2 has the lowest end capability because we guys saw some Rebel falling out of the sky and also SB2 keep standing in the air during low end.. I've seen Waroo around here..

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:06 pm

SB2 and waroo 12m very very close

but note there is no 12m waroo for 07

David

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:29 pm

I've flown the Rebel and SB2 12 meter sizes.

The Rebel felt a little gruntier, although with higher bar pressure. The higher bar pressure may give the illusion of better low end, or might really have better low end. Without a lot of side by side testing it's hard to be precise.

My overall impression was the SB2 jumped a little higher, while the Rebel felt more powerful and quicker turning. The SB2 is tuned closer to the edge of falling. Meaning if you don't use the stopper, it comes closer to falling. The Rebel is less critical. You don't have to use the stopper because the tune is farther from the point of falling.
Last edited by Dwight on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:32 pm

Amazing, we found the 12 Rebel had very little low end and zero bar pressure compared to my 12m Xbow 2. The SB2 has more low end than the Xbow.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:48 pm

ScottM wrote:Amazing, we found the 12 Rebel had very little low end and zero bar pressure compared to my 12m Xbow 2. The SB2 has more low end than the Xbow.
Might depend on what kite you are use to flying. I'm an expert with the Rebel and the micro loop. Some people take a nice Rebel, then screw up the tune with their own style.

I'm certainly no expert with Cabrinha. In general, I think Cabrinha has used softer pulling profiles than North. That doesn't always mean less low end though. There can be exceptions. But if you go back to the original Cabby's, they've always been softer pulling than say the R2. That general difference in design has always been there. When the R7 comes out you'll see this illustrated again. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, just a difference in feel the two brands seem to go for.
Last edited by Dwight on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:48 pm

But rebel couldnt fly at low end when if light wind than cabrinha could do that as i already wintessed that at los barriles,baja since 2 wks !
impressed with sb2 , cb and contra could fly during light wind than rebel
cabrinha is rock ruler over world

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Galeltic wrote:But rebel couldnt fly at low end when if light wind than cabrinha could do that as i already wintessed that at los barriles,baja since 2 wks !
impressed with sb2 , cb and contra could fly during light wind than rebel
cabrinha is rock ruler over world
I think that clears it up. Great. :thumb:

J R R Tolkien
Medium Poster

Postby J R R Tolkien » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:10 pm

I've ridden both SB2 and Rebel12. I felt that the Rebel had way better low end just because of the fact that it turns so much quicker.

I own the SB2, but I think the Rebel has more grunt. I don't think the SB2 was designed to be much of a low wind kite.

I love the fact that the Rebel has no pulleys. It has much more direct feel.

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 pm

SB2 has the lowest bottom end.

I was dumb, but impressed after this happened to me...

The other day I picked my 10m SB2 bag and went for a ride in 15 knots expecting the wind to pick up. Unfortunately the wind stayed pretty much the same the whole day +/- 1 or 2 knots. I could do 3-5 meter jumps and ride up wind without a problem. Once I landed the kite a fellow kiter asked me how it was and I said I could have used a couple more knots to have a bit more fun on my 10m SB2. His reply was: Well, maybe you should have been flying your 10m. You were flying your 8m all the time.... I had mistakenly put my 8 in the 10m bag.... But I was really impressed how I could have so much fun with that kite in so little wind...

Rider = 85kg
Board = 136x41

P.S.: The other day a fellow kiter was riding (jumping, going up wind, doing tricks) in about 15 knots on a 6m SB2. The kiter weights around 50kg.

Return to “Kitesurfing”