Been thanked: 0

Review BLADE Beast 06 7/10m 2006

Postby zenna kitesurf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:08 am

Review for BLADE Beast 06 2006 7/10m

Times tested: No Comment
Range: kn to kn

Good: Review: Blade 'Beast' demo in Blackpool - Fri Oct 27, 2006

Thanks for the demo

In very gusty conditions the kite seeemed v stable and predictable, which can't be said for many kites gusting up to 45mph!!

Very floaty jumps and power return was good when you asked for it,
the kite handled the wind extremely well although I haven't got any bow experience to compare to it.

My 9 m C shape was jelly fishing and behaving irratically in that wind but the 7m bow seemed very comfortable.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Cheers
Andy

Review: Blade 'Beast' demo in Blackpool - Sat Oct 28, 2006

On Thursday I took the 7m bow kite out at our local beach , in some serious wind, earlier I have been out on my 7m C kite a slingy fuel and it was abit uncomfortable, then snapped my harness.

Carl from blade kites kindly lent me a harness and the 7m beast bow kite, which havin just been getting nailed, the beast was so easy to ride in such windspeeds about 35-45 mph, I had it half depowered.

It also jumped really well and stable in the air, for such winds it was good option to add to your standard quiver, I was able to cruize around wave-riding, boosting reasonable jumps and enjoying that winspeed, rather than just hanging on and just surviving.

if you like white foaming seas and big winds and waves the 7m bow is the must.

Phil

Review: Blade 'Beast' demo in Blackpool - Sun Nov 05, 2006

Well just had another session on the 7m Beast after being lit to merry hell on my 13 Strike2!

Big air and floaty jumps

The kite was cranking up wind and I was shocked that a 7 would do that in 20-25mph.

Now had 2 very different sessions 45mph the 1st one, so I can only assume this kite has a massive wind range! For a small kite the bottom end is surprising. I'd like to know how low it will go....

It's so small and quick that you can work it to generate the power and it will work as a wave riding machine with surf board- which will also give more scope in low wind. It's so quick you have to keep an eye on it!

Thanks for demo Carl and for keeping an eye on the Roo!

Andy

Review: Blade 'Beast' demo in Blackpool - Sun Nov 05, 2006Had 90 minutes on the 7 today also........

One more session nuking and i rekon I'll av a pretty fair objective view of the kite in all wind ranges - I rekon 4 hours in total on a kite is a proper testing - to gain a feel in different disciplines......

Fast responsive and "punchy" power spike - if that makes sence - knock this kite / mock the price at your own peril !

I went away thinking if someone had told me the rrp complete was 300 more than advertised rrp price id be saying - right...another decent kite brand on the market........... good luck at this price its certainly makes it look like a bargain so far imho!

What intrigues me is the price of the kite - so far i wud happily own the 7 metre kite.........

It is understandable established over priced brands will bite back having their staus quo challenged.........well sorry in advance but.......
for the majority of people - married 2.2 kids mortgage we have to think about value for money................I do all the time but I love my kitesurfing so much I wudnt compromise on performance........

I have absolutely no self interest in blade kites other than carl the importer I wud consider a friend having now met him 3 times and who has gone out of his way - twice a wasted journey on my behalf - to allow me to have a trial flight knowing I will give a warts n all review

Some might consider I stuck my neck out 8 months ago and said the best waroo is gonna be the biggest headliner - so I rekon I know a gud kite when i see one and at the price..............I never said it was the best kite.....but I know its as good as the rest

Anything is good if it brings the price of kit down

I've said it for 3 years - fkin rip off the price paid for kites that dont have longevity - hence my enthusiasm for the underdog of l ate who are brave enough to challenge established profit margins

Thanks again carl for giving up your sunday and sacrificing church

mart

Bad: Small bits on the bar but they have been put right on the 07 bar

Review:

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Intermediate
Style: All
Preferred Water: All
Preferred Power: All
Preferred Kite Size: 10.0
Most Used Kite Size: 10.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 131-140
Brand Affiliation: Distributor
Similar gear used:

For pictures and more reviews click here

zenna kitesurf
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby zenna kitesurf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:15 am

Check the new kites for 07
Vertigo Hybrid is the new 07 kite, if its is anything like the 06 kites well its going to be a good seller,
With the new reinforced and extended webbing on the LE to cover the stiching , one of the only ones i know that have done this.

The new Beast SLE has been tweeked abit not as flat as 06 .

The new bar for the 07 is fully De-powerable just let go of the bar.
Th new
http://www.zenna-kitesurf.co.uk

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:53 am

people here used the vertigo 8 in 35 knt two days ago, very very gusty wind and enjoyed kiting. i was totally amazed because the waroo9 wasn't enjoyable and inverted now and then and so did other kites that i use to think will mannage the difficult conditions.
maybe the 07' kites are better...

zenna kitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby zenna kitesurf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 pm

Wicked

Cheers for that i cant wait to get my hand ona demo you must of used the prototye?

Carl

chris_at
Rare Poster

Postby chris_at » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Tried the 7m Beast some time ago (sept. 06) when i took a demokite over to ireland.

sorry for posting this - but my experience was the complete opposit from whats writen here.
2 f-one pro riders where out on a 8 and 9 impact and i couldnt even start the kite because even fully depowered i was lifted and had to be held by a friend. thats not what i expect from a bow.

i gave it a second try back home in austria in lower winds. the first time i was riding the kte actually - the bar is crap compared to SS, North, Naish, ...
also the behavour of the kite is more than just strange. i stalled 3 times without a reason and then went trough the power zone without any pressure (luckily).

there are not many kites i wouldnt fly because i'm affraid of them - but this is definitly one of them.

but as always - everyone who's interested should try it - maybe the 2007 are better :lol:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:25 pm

Sounds like you had a duff one there dude. :(

Had the 2006 Blade Beasts out in real strong winds and they all performed well even compared to the big names.

Got to say tho I cant wait to try the 07 models!

zenna kitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby zenna kitesurf » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 am

That must be the first iv sold quit a few in the uk now and not had any complaints,

Strange did you tel Blade,
Iv been riding the 06 Beast and think its awsome took the 7m out in 45 mph winds and it handled like a dream,
and i do know one of my dealers took a 10m out in 45mph and said it was like a tractor but with faster turning, 45MPH !!!!!
He loved it,
Ye me too cant wait to get the new kites i now the Vertigo Hybrid is Launched on the 25th Jan, Have you seen the colours of the Vertigo WOW there wicked,
Not sure on the date of the Beast yet will have to speak to Yaron,,

Dont be put of the kite you tried get hold of another one and try it again ,,

Carl
Blade UK

Return to “Kitesurfing”