Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 12.0 wind range

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue May 21, 2002 8:20 pm

What is the wind range of this kite?

Which combo do you think that is better.
X2 10.0+14.0 or the other option would be x2 12.0+x2 16.0.

My weight is about 80 kg.

Thanks,

cheers.

tux
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lignano
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara CE BR
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Helix Limited '09 9 North rebel '09 9; vegas '08 9 , rhino '07 14
John Amundson Pro model '08 Hydro '08
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tux » Tue May 21, 2002 9:35 pm

no doubt, 12 and 16 are the best

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 22, 2002 7:35 am

but 10 + 14 is good as well.
The X2 starts quiet early, so a 14 should be ok for the low end. But the 10 goes up to 7.5 Beaufort, the 12 up to 6.5-7 Bft.
Depending on your winds: if you have more lighter winds, go for 16+12, if you have more stronger winds get 10+14.

Toby

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 3:46 pm

Welcome here and kite with the 10 m2 X2 in 7.5 bft, ie. 35 knots? Halleluja... I will buy you a beer for every knot above 25 knots you can make, stay in control and keep on jumping. Maybe if the air temp is 40 C, then you can make higher wind speed and but a 15 C not. Hot air is lighter and has less power than wet and cold north sea air. Believe me. For me, 9.5 m2 AR5 starts to be a handfull in 22-25 knots, and I think for you too...

- 80 kgs, benchpress 140 kg, squats 180 kg -

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 7:52 pm

finally somebody is talking sense. 10 m in a force 7.5!!!! That's bullshit particulary if they are as powerful as people say

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 9:08 pm

...I've seen Toby jump with that Kite at that day.
for me it was just a bit too muh for my 10er Fuel...

I think in Gusts at about 33knots....maybe one knot more or less...

I can hold my Slingshot up to 28-30knots in gusts..but thats the point were I can stay on the ground alone..

Toby normaly doesn't talk shit and he really jumped HIGH that day (NAD NO TRICKS IN THE AIR POSER..OVERPOWER, and 10cm of water in NO EXCUSE :wink:)

Buzzy

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 10:41 pm

...BTW how do you think one can jump 13++ high without that much overpower???

sebastian catelan was out with a 8,4 Wipika on 40meter lines in 30-40knotes winspeed in Tarifa...

riding overpowered: not only muscles..you need a good board and the right technique...

btw...Stutzi was out on a 8,5er Takoon that day

nochmal grettings
Buzzy

windprayer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I'm kiting on lakes in switzerland
Favorite Beaches: still on my search....
Style: waves
Gear: Takoon Furia LTD 7, 9, 13 and Soul 5
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windprayer » Thu May 23, 2002 8:47 am

I think the X2 12 has much more power thant the 8.4 AB plus Wipika need strong wind to be happy, naish fly in lower wind earlyer. Is this tru?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 23, 2002 11:39 am

yes, the Airblast starts later but can be hold longer than the Naish kites, due to a longer depower.

You can fly kites up to this windforces, but only in gusts. When I speak about maximum I mean gusts. Maybe I didn't specify this. Since we always have gusts here (more or less) I only can talk about maximum speeds in gusts. And so I know how far I can hold the kite. One day I was out on a ARX 11.5 with gusts up to upper 7 Bft. When the gusts came I couldn't really ride relaxed, but for jumping it was ok. To jump high you have to have power.
I had my X2 10 out in gusts up to 7 Bft and didn't use the adjuster, so yes, you can fly it up to 7.5 Bft.
But don't forget, I'm experienced and ride since two years. Off course a beginner can't do it and shouldn't get an X2, but an intermediate kite.

I rememberwhen I met Flash Austin last year.
I asked him which size he uses in what windforces. He said he is riding an ARX 15.5 in winds of about 25 knts (mid 6 Bft). I couldn't believe it!
But when you ride and are getting better each time, you can hold the kite longer and longer due to technique and experience.

Don't forget my weight is almost 90 kgs (180 lbs) so I can hold a kite longer than a 70 kg guy. But sometimes I see guys on the water with the same size as I use and I'm already powered up and their weight is 70 kgs and I'm wondering how he can hold it.

So don't say it is not possible to hold it up to these forces, it is, but not for beginners.

And a kite with a higher AR can be hold longer, because the areas to attack is smaller than smaller AR's, but the high AR is faster which can create more power specially for jumps.

Greetings
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”