Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sell my X2 12, to much power for me

Forum for kitesurfers
windprayer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I'm kiting on lakes in switzerland
Favorite Beaches: still on my search....
Style: waves
Gear: Takoon Furia LTD 7, 9, 13 and Soul 5
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby windprayer » Wed May 22, 2002 2:01 pm

I sell my X2 12. It has to much power and lift for me!

After few sessions with my X2 I decidet to sell this kite before something happens to me. If I reed in this forum that this kite has a windrange up to 7bft I beleve that Im not such a good kiter to handel this machine.

It's a great kite and probably the best performance available at the market, but the wrong joys for me.

see proposal at C2C
windprayer
+41 79 734 81 92

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Wed May 22, 2002 2:41 pm

Before you sell it make sure you have it tuned properly. I don't know much about those but maybee Toby or someone with one will help make sure its set right.
Don't give up too easy there.
Aloha R

windprayer
Medium Poster

Postby windprayer » Wed May 22, 2002 3:06 pm

Royce
Maybe your right, but I beleve this kite is made for the see with constant windconditions. On the lakes we have always extremly casty wind. That's anyway dangerous and if I fly a kite that I can't handel, I dont know if it is a good idea?

Thanks for comments
Andy

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Wed May 22, 2002 5:58 pm

I know the conditions you kite in very well!
Be very carefull!

I never used a tube for inland kiting.

The Flysurfer Warriors are my kite of choice for inland kiting. You drop the bar and the kite goes down gently without damaging your expensive kite. I have to do that pretty often on small lakes...

windprayer
Medium Poster

Postby windprayer » Thu May 23, 2002 8:32 am

I never used the Flysurfer so fare. But at the beginning of my kitesurfing carrier I flu some tubless kites (Quadrifoil, ConceptAir, Moskito). Regarding power it's the best choise but in custy wind I was'nt verry happy! How is it with the Flysurfer, can you handel this in bad wind conditions?

So fare I made the best experiance with my Airblast. I can handel custs easy and fly that kite (8.4) up to 6-7bft! But your right, if I drop the kite on land, Tubekites can be fucking expansiv...

C yah
andy

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu May 23, 2002 8:38 am

don't let go of a flysurfer bar in 6-7 bft!
that's no fun ...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 23, 2002 11:51 am

Hi Windprayer,

you may be right that in gusty conditions the kite is not perfect. I can imagine a the kite having not much power and then a gusts hit and it pulls you hard. Therefore the kite is fast with lift, so if the gusts hit, this is exactly what happens. So in very gusty conditions it is not easy to control. You might ned a kite which isn't that fast when gusts hit. On the other way a slower kite isn't that good, if you need power and you can't move your kite fast enough to get going.
Did you already try different trim options?
Maybe use both inner connections, so the kite will be slower and maybe better to control. Don't sell it before you tried!
If it doesn't work, ask around in the forum, which kite handles well in gusty conditions.
I know that many guys at lakes use Flysurfer Warrior or Maniac kites. There should be a reason for it. Just ask.

Greetings
Toby

PS: let us know when you tried the different trim options. I'm very interested in the result.

windprayer
Medium Poster

Postby windprayer » Thu May 23, 2002 12:32 pm

Hi Toby

I tryed some different solutions, but always in bad conditions. Front ++ / Back ++ is most powerfull as you know and F+ / B + is less. The best solutions for me was F+ / B++. So the lift in cust was not that extrem, but the kite is still fast to get the necessary power for airs.

I found out that wit the f+/b+ solution the kite had this jelly effect more, can you aprove this?

As I sad, I'm an intermediate rider. My airs are not that high but this is not a problem so fare. I will train my self on the technics (landing and tricks...) first and than go higher. Therefore I dont need a kite with extreem lift and it shouldnt be to fast to. It has to be easy to controll and maybe easy to relunch becouse shit happens when you train...

How much does the board help to depower the kite? Maybe my board Olry 175 is not so good for the X2? To big? To thik rails?. Do you think the Kite and Board has a big relationship?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 23, 2002 1:06 pm

I can't confirm jeyyfishing at all, at least not tin the conditions I'm riding in, and it is gusty here as well, but not as on lakes.
If you want easier handling and don't need much lift, the Aero, Hydro or Toro might be a better choice, but I don't know how they fly in gusty conditions.
If you have strong gusts comming in, you need a board which can stop the kite from pulling, so it needs good grip. I don't think that the 175 is possible to do his without a problem, therefore it has too much lift, so you can't press the edge more into the water.
But try a different, smaller board with good edges and see how it goes.

Toby

windprayer
Medium Poster

Postby windprayer » Thu May 23, 2002 1:21 pm

Toby

The lower AR kites on the market this yaer are very nice. I testet the Areo and love it! By the way, I sah a guy in Hyeres with a Aero he did unbelevable airs!

My Airblast is also a high AR kite and I prevere it more due to more power. So fare That's the Kite I like most. The 11.8 is a very slow but I get used to it.

What Board do your recommend? Think that beside the custs, we also have to fight with windholes where you need a board that has a bit more volume. I think to buy a wakeboard for strong wind.

Return to “Kitesurfing”