All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:48 am 
Medium Poster

Well I finely got a second hand Blade 3.3 for my mountainboard. Does anyone have any pictures showing how to connect a safety leash to it?

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Usually you use kite killers...check out the flexifoil forums...lots of good info and friendly posters
http://www.flexifoiol.com

pip pip
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:21 pm 
Medium Poster

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S

Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:15 am 
Rare Poster

I apologize for sounding silly but, Im kinda confused about the 3 line rigging on 4-line foils. Is it just simply a fail safe kite kill in case you have to ditch or land? Or do you still have a bit of "braking". Can you spill some of the power during a gust by sheeting a little bit (not all the way to the kite side knot but somewhere in between)? Or does the kite become unstable at that point.

I have a Kitesurfer XXXL 7.8 foil which is a handful. If I rig on a 4-line bar, the braking is backwards. If I flip flop the brake and main flying lines (brakes to center 2, flying lines to outside 2), the turning is backwards. Flying on handles is crazy with it cuz its got so much pull that during a gust it can be hard to engage the brakes. And, even on handles it's real "twitchy". It's absolutely great in 2-line mode but of course you can be way over powered past like 8-10. Does that little pully really make the difference? I guess I should just give it a shot.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:21 am 
Medium Poster

Great info guys, thanks. Any idea what size bar would be good for my 3.3m Blade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:23 pm 
Medium Poster

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S

Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 3 line rigging
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:13 pm 
Rare Poster

Well I setup my Kitesurfer XXXL 7.8 using the threeline instruction from Downhaul and had a blast with it yesterday in 6-7mph wind! Was cruzing on the mountainboard and felt alot safer with that ability to completely depower the kite at will. If a gust came through that I didnt feel I could deal with, I simply pushed the bar forward and the kite sat down softly but quickly on it's trailing edge. It has brought new life to a kite I thought I was just going to sell. Oh ya, that pully makes a HUGE difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:47 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi Chola

Can you let me know what size bar you used for the set up. I have a 3.3m Blade and am not sure what size would be best...Thanks :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:12 am 
Rare Poster

Im using an old Wipika bar. I think its like 36". Kinda big but works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:41 am 
Medium Poster

"this rigging is only a "fail safe kite kill in case you have to ditch or land""

NOT TRUE - in a very windy situation this is a danagerous set-up - with the "fail safe kite kill" fully deployed the brakes are on full - this means if your kite lands upside down, it will launch (re-launch) in reverse - trailing edge first - with some power.

The Blades fly like shit when partly de-powered using the brakes. The only method I know of that works (and doesn't work that well) is the Flexifoil VPS set-up. This system allows you to change the angle of attach via the center loop. We tried the VPS - don't waste your money.

Send it
Chris

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next