Postby frederics » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:12 am

Review for Takoon eNova 2007 12.0

Times tested: 2-5
Range: 12kn to 25kn

Good: Turning ability,
low end,
Unhooked

Bad: no one pump

Review: When I receive the kite, it was in a stylish bag on which I can attach the board on.
After inflating the struts (no one pump), the kite feels really light, on the ground and in the air (5struts). The bar is the same as the Nova 2 bar except some finish (covers on winders).
Flying the kite: it flies really fast, faster than any 12m² I used. The turning ability is awesome and bar feeling is good, since I change the back bridle location to the frontward point. The kite has good low end: 12knots for a 75Kg rider with 138X39 board. And the high end about 25knots. This is not the highest high end for a 12 but this is really confortable (after I take my 7m²).
The unhooked riding is super good because the kite doesn't stall back and the steering is really precise.
This is a kite that count on the market with the rebel, and the waroo. But the e-Nova 2 is really fast in turn.

I really love the kite that feels like a smaller one.
What I like: the weight, the turning ability, kite looping, unhooked. The colorway: green/white and brown.
What I dislike: no one pump.

To summarize: a super fast 12m² kite. One of the fastest I tried. Perfect for unhooked and waves.

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Advanced
Style: All
Preferred Water: Wave
Preferred Power: Good
Preferred Kite Size: 10.0
Most Used Kite Size: 9.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 131-140
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used: Nova2/rebel/shockwave/torch 3/Waroo

For pictures and more reviews click here

WHO
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby WHO » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Have you used both the 9 & 7. What are your thoughts/comparisons?

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:07 am

Before the e-Nova , When I ride with the 12 and ride the 7m² after,I felt better on the small size. But with the e-Nova is a little different, I think it is the different bridling that cause that. I have same fun on both sizes. Of course wind is different, but I unhooked easily on the 12 (for F-16, downloop) and have fun jumping with the 7m in stronger winds.
The kites are different but I enjoy both. :thumb:

You should try it, it's an interesting kite to use.
We are some people now to ride with where I live and all new users are really suprised about the turning ability of the kite.

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:27 am

Look at this video (not about me :D )

This is the e-Nova 12 :
[http://62.39.109.107/stef_fevrier07.wmv]

Love that kite :thumb:

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:27 am

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 am

Nice video :D

hunts
Rare Poster

Re: Review Takoon eNova 12.0 2007

Postby hunts » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 am

hi could you tell me if the enova 12 is a good jumping kite and is the nova 2 12 much better, height and hang time.Also is the depower more smoother as compared to more on off ,sounds like a very smooth user friendly kite just want to make sure it still jumps well. One final question is the bar pressure light enough to ride 3 to 4 hours without stopper Would appreciate any advce as to decide on enova or nova 2, intermediate rider 85 kg 3mt jumps hunts :thumb:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Review Takoon eNova 12.0 2007

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 am

hunts wrote:hi could you tell me if the enova 12 is a good jumping kite and is the nova 2 12 much better, height and hang time.Also is the depower more smoother as compared to more on off ,sounds like a very smooth user friendly kite just want to make sure it still jumps well. One final question is the bar pressure light enough to ride 3 to 4 hours without stopper Would appreciate any advce as to decide on enova or nova 2, intermediate rider 85 kg 3mt jumps hunts :thumb:
It jumps well, definitely !

And smooth depower - not like some 5 line hybrids.

Everyone ridden these kites can tell you that - as Takoon has a major issues in their general design:
Huge depower, dynamic and balanced depower, safety.

You can adjust the bar pressure to be light or heavy, and I am sure you'll find it light when in this setting.

You'll be able to jump slightly higher with the Nova2 IMO, and it is very steady in REALLY powered conditions (a pair of struts more), that is true.

But the ENova turns faster, is better for unhooked, and will not stall backwards - much easier to ride :P

If you know Takoon kites - you can compare ENova/Nova2 a bit with the Wook against the Skoop or Air 8)

I still prefer the Nova2 personally - but I also preferred the Skoop/Air - although most riders loved and used the Wooks (both for competition and non-comp. freeriders that want to jump and ride waves and new school and do "anything")
We are all different :D

:- ) Peter

Stefanofly
Medium Poster

Postby Stefanofly » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 am

nice review, thanks :thumb:

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:22 am

I agree with Pete Frank.

Some riders love the Nova 2 (like my best friend) and some others (like me!) prefers the e-Nova. It depends on the style and the feedback you want (more bar pressure or light bar pressure).

Huge jumps: Nova 2
Unhooked: E-Nova,
this is what I found

Return to “Kitesurfing”