What is the real-correct meaning?

Thank You very much!!

eVoL

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:02 pm

A downloop is the easiest kiteloop, actually not even a complete kiteloop.

When you do a normal transition (change direction) you bring your kite over the top of the wind window. If you do this with a downloop, you swoop it toward the water and underneath the wind window. You end up riding the other direction with a twist in your lines.

Try this first only when lightly powered.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:56 pm

please no! what you are talking about is a down turn!, yes you turn the kite downwards but in the meaning of i did a kite loop and the kite went backwards and completed a full rotation before i landed then a down loop shouuld be that the kite completes a full rotation downwards towards the water before you land.

otherwise we will end up with the situation where people are claiming a down LOOP when the kite doesnt even make it round 360 degrees, oh and let me geuss they dont even need to get off the water to experience that amazing rip that the kite gives them.

in the end what this sport needs like a hole in the head is a load of people claiming a bunch of stuff due to missinformation, as all it does is make us all look like a group of idiots.

James

surf-turkey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby surf-turkey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 am

Too late James. It's already happened. It's the reason kiting has no cred.

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all

Postby scklandl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:23 am

james wrote:
in the end what this sport needs like a hole in the head is a load of people claiming a bunch of stuff due to missinformation, as all it does is make us all look like a group of idiots.

James
like yerself?! before you start running yer mouth boy about how "hardcore" u r you should get yer schizit straight, lose the attitude and work on yer skills!

cglaziers right
downloop is a boosted jump finished w/ a front hand pull, kite turns 270+

frontloop is a jump initiated with a hard front hand pull sending the kite 360+ which boosts you off the water

downloops are a great way to transition, to squeak out a little more air time to finish a rotation, and to get the hang of faster landings, its a pretty critical skill to master especially when boosting big with small kites which need to be looped to soften the landings

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:31 am

Zzzzzzz...

Downloop: Loop the the kite down while carving your edge , release edge when the kite is passing the powerzone.

P.S: what makes a kiteloop or a downloop harder (scored higher) its not the number of loops the kite does but the horizontal distance traveled in the air by the rider.

BLAIR WAROO
Rare Poster

Postby BLAIR WAROO » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:26 am

frontloop is a jump initiated with a hard front hand pull sending the kite 360+ which boosts you off the water
so your saying any trick done with a downloop(full downloop), e.g downloop s-bend is really called a frontloop s-bend? i dont think it is, downloop is just any move pulled with a full loop but in the opposite direction to a kiteloop, transitions with downloops arent proper downloops, but they can still generate some nice power after powered landings, or just simply gybing in light winds on the surface

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 am

James: No anger management class this week? ;-)

Though I can agree, I for one have problems knowing the terms..not that I care..it is just a label, and it is really not that important.

I call it a downloop if it goes 270 and when it goes 360...unless there is a transition, the downloop is full easy, and really not that confusing.

Also, even if you mean that the only downloop is the 360, if the majority of riders call a 270 degree a downloop, then that is the name, and as far as I can see that is the case.

:-)
A. -just back from an insanely nice ride!!!!

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:30 am

These are downloops..

http://www.kitesurferen.dk/kite/?show=t ... pe=2&id=55

http://www.kitesurferen.dk/kite/?show=t ... pe=2&id=56

If your hook in, they are just a part off your transition, and if you want them to have any meaning regarding to a trick, do them Rubenstyle... Powerfull.

eVoL
Rare Poster

Thank You!

Postby eVoL » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:07 pm

hi Guys!!

Thank You VERY VERY much for all the answers!!

You've been very kind, now I will follow every answer to better understand the real meaning a DOWNLOOP.

Best Wind to Everybody!!!
:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”