Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Dakota / Minnesota kiting?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Dakota / Minnesota kiting?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:48 pm

Is there anyone in north dakota or minnesota that kites?? I'm in the fargo area and I wanted to meet someone that could show me a thing or two.
I first heard of this skow kiting a few years ago. Me and my brother blasted the fields of north dakota on our downhill skis and a tarp. Then i found out they accually made kites for this! My kite is en route to Fargo and i can't wait to get out and try it. (If only we had enough snow to cover all the fields... )

But if anyone is around let me know...
Bryce
sieg01@hotmail.com

Eric S
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Eric S » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:31 pm

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S
Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:47 pm

if you can get to minneapolis this weekend for the redbull kitefreeze. I will be there instead of out buying a new keyboard.

http://www.redbullkitefreeze.com

Should be a good time. there are supposed to be some pro kiteboarders there, i can't wait to see what those guys can do.

Phatbob
Rare Poster

Postby Phatbob » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:25 pm

Shoot.. Yeah i heard about that coming up - If i would have known like 2 weeks ago I probably could have gone. I'm going out with the GF for the 14th and i don't suppose she would much appriciated me leaving town. 15th going back to the old high school to watch a play. Meeting some people there.
Perhaps the 16th? I wonder if it would be worth it to head out early sunday and stay for the day and watch it. There is still suppose to be some stuff going on right??? I don't want to take a 3-4 hour car ride for the just to drive in some dense traffic in the cities.
But i would really want to see them in action. I have never accually "seen" people kiteboarding (besides on the TV and Monitor).
Maybe my kite will get to my house I would leave so i could bring it along.
I would really love to go but i'll have to see what happens.

Bryce

bubba
Medium Poster

Postby bubba » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:35 am

For anyone in the genral area (I'm from Wpg Manitoba)
Q: It seems that a lot of people have been caught of guard with the Redbull on again off again show. Is there any interest in starting up some local events. Nothing big or flashy, I just thought it would benefit "the community" if we were doing something instead of waiting for national level stuff to happen.

windplay
Rare Poster

MB/NWONT/MN

Postby windplay » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:51 am

Hey Bubba - I'm 5 hours from you and 8 from the Minneapolis. I'd be great to get an event going somewhere like Lake of the Woods or Falcon Lake. I've heard there are quite a few into snowkiting in Wpg. So far I'm flying solo but hope to get a few others addicted as I get another rig for my other kite.

- Paul[/quote]

Phatbob
Rare Poster

lake of the woods/winnipeg

Postby Phatbob » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:32 pm

I'd be all up for an event like that! I work up in lake of the woods during the summer near oak island. If you guys wanted to get together this winter sometime that would give me a excuse to go and visit up there.
Also winnipeg would be awsome too. I'm going to be heading up there for spring break for a few days. (Sometime inbetween March 15-23).

I would love to get some tips or just see a few other people do it. Right now, I haven't seen anyone besides my brother and I. :)

Someone let me know what is up! Maybe we could get a little event together.

Bryce

bubba
Medium Poster

Postby bubba » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:45 pm

If you plan on coming to Wpg e-mail me
lunch_pail@hotmail.com

Some of us are planning a trip near Asassippi for mid late march.
So we may not be around, either way give me a shout.

Return to “Snow / Land”