New Zeland

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
Conde
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Zeland

Postby Conde » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Can somebody help me get around New Zeland?
I'm going to be working in Auckland from the 24Th March to the 30th March. Then i intend to get some vacations a kite a lot until the 5th or thr 6th April!
I'm traveling alone and i would like to have some contacts of people kitesurfing in NZ in order not to kite alone!

Thanks for the Help :thumb:

Kiterobert
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

u need to hire a car!

Postby Kiterobert » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi!
I'm not from new Zealand but i've been there two years ago in Dec. and Jan.
2 years ago there was no real kitespot in Aukland. All the people went up to OREWA which is about 30 km further north on the east coast... That seemed to be a nice place with lots of space, no currents, etc... There 's also a shop located : http://www.anabatic.co.nz They have their adress and phone number online... I would give them a call thei can definatly help u further. and since there is still quit less kitesurfers in New Zealand they all help together and everybody who wants to visit them as well!
Also found a nice spot guide for u here: http://www.ikiteboarding.com/kiteboardi ... d/165.html

There is other great spots in New Zealand like bay of islands, 90 mile beach, wellington, RAGLAN, CHRISTCHURCH and ABEL TASMAN NATIONALPARK,... but they r to far away from Auckland anyway...

I think u 'll need to hire a car (possible everywhere in NZ, just search the web to find a cheap one!) Enjoy Auckland, it's lovely!

Have a great time
Robert

Conde
Rare Poster

Postby Conde » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Thanks for the Help Robert

Return to “Travel”